‘Life Should Always Be A Picnic’…This is a great opportunity to own a Classic Hinckley Picnic Boat! A very popular boat since her introduction in 1994, the Hinckley 36 Picnic Boat is a water-jet driven 36 foot weekender with an absolutely elegant profile and stunning performance. The innovative product of one of the world’s premier builders, the Picnic Boat’s fully cored, vacuum-bagged hull weighs in at an extremely light 11,500 lbs. With the jet-drive, she draws only 18 inches and can be operated in very shallow water.
‘Wave’ has been very well maintained by GlassTech in Magnolia, MA and has enjoyed in-door, heated storage in the off seasons. ’Wave’ is an exceptionally well cared for and well-equipped vessel. Her Topsides were awlgriped Navy Blue in 2017 and New Instruments installed at the helm. Her many features include the 420-hp Yanmar engine, Hinckley JetStick®, air conditioning in the cabin, Refrigeration, etc.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Hinckley Picnic Boat 36 1999
- Builder: Hinckley
- Location: Gloucester, MA
‘Wave’ is a Hinckley Picnic Boat Classic that has all the amenities for a comfortable weekend liveaboard or cruising from port to port. Accommodations below include comfortable sleeping berth forward for two, with cedar-lined hanging locker to Strb. The Galley is to port with VaCu flush head and Shower, varnished cherry counter top on cherry vanity and storage under. The Pilothouse and the long open cockpit of the Picnic Boat is an excellent entertainment platform (the centerline engine box can be used as a bench or lounge seat, facing forward or aft with the removeable back cushion and multiple attachment points), and the semi-enclosed helm allows her to be comfortably used in poor weather.
• Single Yanmar 6LY2H-STE 420hp turbo charged diesel w/ 1013 hours
• Hamilton 291 Jet Drive
• Twin disc MG 5050 transmission
• Vetus bow thruster
• Hinckley Jet Stick control system integrated w/ bow thruster
• A/C w/ ducts in main cabin, installed 2017
25 gallon aluminum holding tank
• Racor fuel filter
• Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
• Manual hydraulic steering pump
• Engine room sound insulation
• 6 gallon S/S hot water heater
• Adler-Barbour refrigeration (12 vdc cold-plate) w/ lift top access
• Force 10 two-burner stove w/ remote propane shut-off & wood cutting board stove cover
• Deep S/S sink w/ Grohe fixtures & hot/cold pressure water
• 12v cold plate refrigerator in a self-draining box
• Cherry pullout drawers
• Pull-out trash bin under counter
• Port light & 12v lighting
• White Formica countertop provides ample workspace
• 6 gallon S/S hot water heater
Electronics and Nav Equipment
• Garmin Autopilot
• Garmin GPS/Chart Plotter w/ GPS/DPS antenna, 12″ screen
• Raytheon radar interfaced w/ GPS
• Raytheon VHF radio hailer
• Raytheon RayData multi-function display: Depth, Position, Water Temperature & Speed
• Ritchie HF-73 Compass
• Tachometer w/ engine hour gauge
• Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
• High engine temperature alarm
• Low oil pressure alarm
• Varnished teak finish on interior pilothouse sides w/ insulated white overhead
• Overhead low voltage halogen lights
• 4 fixed pilothouse windows w/ white sun covers, 2 opening hatches w/screens
• Forward windows have heavy duty, self parking, intermittent windshield wipers w/ fresh water washers
• Varnished teak locking companionway door, hand rails on upper interior pilothouse sides, and hand rail along the aft end of the cabin top.
• Windowed white drop canvas curtain fully encloses the pilothouse
• Portside Features: forward teak handrail w/ integral cup holder, custom magazine rack, companion seats forward and aft facing with footrests.
• Storage area under seat accessed through cherry louvered door inboard.
• HELM STATION: The Helm Station with new Stidd chair, Varnished teak custom instrument pod, Hinckley JetStick® steering, S/S 14″ steering wheel w/ varnished wood rim, Engine gauges, Remote control to spotlight, Top-opening locker w/ chart storage, 12v outlet in chart pocket
• Heart Freedom 10 Inverter
• Shore power 110 volt inlet and shore power cord
• (3) 12-volt batteries
• (2) Heavy duty battery parallel switches
• 80 amp battery alternator charges batteries
Entry to the cockpit via a teak coaming step to the S/S with teak treads boarding steps mounted inboard, port & starboard. Seating in the cockpit is available on the cushioned engine box or aft cushioned settee.
• Varnished teak cockpit coaming
• Full beige cockpit cover – attaches to pilothouse top with snaps
• (3) Cockpit sole flush storage hatches starboard hatch has an anchor chock
• Direct drainage scuppers
• Locker stowage has varnished teak doors
• Cockpit deck shower spigot
• Aft settee cushions Sunbrella upholstery.
• Insulated engine box has an air-assist lift, a full seat cushion, varnished teak drink table with 4 drink holders on aft end attaches to engine box, and removable backrest for engine box seat
• Danforth 12# Hi-tensile Anchor w/ plastic coated chain
• 150′ x 1/2″ twisted nylon anchor line attached to the Danforth
• Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile (sanded and re-varnished in 2020).
• Varnished teak eyebrow moulding around cabin top.
• (3) Low profile opening aluminum hatches with screens
• (4) Elliptical ports on house sides
• Varnished teak handrails on cabintop and pilothouse top
• Hinckley masthead w/ spotllight, GPS/DGPS antenna and radar.
• Masthead and running lights
• Custom Hinckley 316L S/S bow chocks
• Padeyes with chafe strips to hang fenders
• Bow, stern and springline 316L S/S mooring cleats
• Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides 2017.
• Off White gelcoat cabin house and deck, recently polished
• Double White boot stripe
• Red Bottom – Interlux Micron CSC Ablative Anti-Fouling
• Deck and cockpit are E-glass and balsa core, SCRIMP molded with polyester resin
• Deck and cockpit sole have a molded-in nonskid pattern
• (3) Cockpit sole flush storage hatches & starboard hatch has an anchor chock
• Cockpit deck shower spigot
• Heavy duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, S/S bracket and halfround.
• S/S folding swim ladder under swim platform
‘Wave’ is a lightly used, two-owner, highly yard maintained vessel without regard for cost…simply an exceptional 36′ Classic Hinckley Picnic Boat.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.