JOLLY JARHEAD is a very nicely kept Hinckley Jet Boat Classic. Hinckley Maine maintained, new Raymarine touch screen, radar, GPS. Unique twin Stidd seats – very nice. Very nice hull, deck and varnish.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Hinckley Picnic Boat Classic 1997
- Builder: Hinckley Yachts
- Designer: Bruce King
- Location: Southwest Harbor, ME
- Brand: 1997 Yanmar
- Engine Model: 6LYM-STE diesel
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Hours: 1171
- Drive Type: Jet
- Engine Power: 350|horsepower
JOLLY JARHEAD is a gorgeous Hinckley Picnic Boat Classic. Meticulously maintained by the current owner and no expense has been spared in keeping this much sought after vessel in “bristol” condition. She is an excellent value for someone who wants a JetStick® boat now.
Some recent upgrades to JOLLY JARHEAD include:
- New Stidd seats
- New Raymarine Hybrid-touch
- New Autopilot
- New Inverter/Charger
- New Hinckley JetStick®
HULL & DECK
- Topsides: Flag Green Awlgrip
- Cabin & Deck: Light Cream with molded in nonskid
- Bootstripe: Light Cream to match the deck
- Bottom: Red
Hull is Kevlar/E-glass hybrid and balsa core, SCRIMPed with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and balsa core, molded with polyester resin. The deck and cockpit sole have a molded-in nonskid pattern. There are stainless steel capped aft hull quarter splashguards.
Swim Platform: Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform painted to match the hull color has teak treads, stainless steel brackets and stainless steel half round. There is a fold-down stainless steel swim ladder attached to the swim platform.
- Stainless steel bow pultpit
- Varnished teak bow sprit with electric windlass
- Rounded, tapered, vanished teak toerail with Hinckley profile
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Masthead & running lights
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top.
- Varnished teak handrails on house & cabin top
- Four (4) fixed elliptical ports on house sides.
- Three (3) Low profile opening aluminum hatches with screens
The top of the pilothouse includes a mounted cell phone antenna, radar dome and GPS antenna painted to match the deck.
Jolly Jarhead has varnished teak coaming caps. Two-step teak boarding step can be mounted on either the port or starboard coaming.
A forward-facing, full-width aft settee has bottom and back cushions.
The insulated engine box has an Almond colored mesh fabric covered cushion.
- Removable seat back with two (2) positions stores under side decks.
- Varnished teak fold-down table on the aft end of the engine box.
Stowage is available in cockpit lockers with varnished teak doors and there are three flush cockpit sole hatches. Four (4) scuppers drain the cockpit.
Ivory-colored full cockpit cover attaches to pilothouse and fastens with snaps.
The Pilothouse has (4) four fixed windows, the forward two with two (2) heavy-duty self-parking windshield wipers and freshwater washers. There is varnished teak trim around the windows. Soft overhead for sound attenuation includes two (2) halogen lights and two (2) acrylic opening hatches with screens. There is a teak locking companionway door with fiddles to hold charts.
- An Ivory colored canvas drop curtain with windows provides a fully enclosed pilothouse.
Port side is a NEW Stidd adjustable companion helm seat. A stainless steel footrest is mounted on the forward bulkhead. This seat has an additional inboard-aft wrap-around stainless steel footrest rail and inboard teak access door to a storage area within the seat.
- NEW Stidd adjustable helm seat – with stainless steel footrest mounted below helm.
- Varnished teak dash
- Stainless steel 14″ steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- NEW Hinckley JetStick® steering control
- Engine gauges.
A top-opening locker outboard the helm seat has chart storage, 12-volt outlet, and a cell phone antenna outlet.
- NEW Raymarine Autopilot
- NEW Raymarine Hybrid Touch Radar/Chartplotter
- Autohelm ST-50 Plus Tridata – Speed, depth and ST-50 Plus steering compass
- Raytheon 210 VHF radio
- Ritchie Compass
JOLLY JARHEAD comfortably sleeps two (2) below and has a separate Head with shower and a Galley.
The Interior is finished in satin varnished cherry, including the hull sheathing. The cabin sole is varnished teak and holly. All hatches have removable screens and there are (5) Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps throughout. The interior is heated with an Accupoint heater with ducts in the main cabin, head, and pilothouse.
Sleeps two (2) in V-berth forward with filler piece to form a double berth. The V-berth cushions are upholstered in Ajax Natural fabric. Plenty of stowage below the V-berths is accessed by two (2) cherry drop front doors. A cedar-lined hanging locker is just aft of the V-berth to starboard.
Next aft from the hanging locker to starboard is the private Head, with a solid cherry door.
The Head includes a vanity undermounted porcelain sink that rests in a varnished cherry countertop and has a Grohe faucet/hand shower that provides hot & cold pressure water. There is a Vacu-flush electric marine head. Storage in the head is provided by cherry-faced lockers above and outboard the countertop and by a drawer with cherry face beside the marine head. There is a bulkhead mounted cherry trimmed mirror, forced ventilation, and a 110-volt outlet.
Aft to port, the Galley has a White Formica countertop. Force 10 two-burner stove is on the forward part of the galley. The propane stove includes remote propane shut-off. On the aft end of the galley there is a lift-top Adler Barbour 12-volt self-draining refrigerator box with custom shelf. The stainless steel bowl sink has Grohe fixtures and a hot & cold pressure fresh water system.
- Force 10 two-burner stove
- Adler Barbour 12-volt refrigerator
- Stainless steel sink with hot & cold pressure fresh water system
- 110-volt outlet
- Pull-out trash bin
The Galley is separated from the V-berth area by a “pantry” locker with cherry louvered door and several shelves. There is a 110-volt outlet. Additional storage is provided by a cabinet with two (2) cherry louvered lift-up doors outboard above the galley countertop and by an area under the galley sink that holds the trash bin. There are also three (3) cherry-faced drawers below the countertop in the galley.
- 1997 Yanmar 6LYM-STE 350-hp engine
- Hamilton 291 Waterjet Drive
- Twin Disc MG 5050 transmission
- 7″ Vetus 12 VDC bow thruster
- NEW Hinckley JetStick® Gen3 is integrated to bow thruster.
- Racor fuel filter
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge
- Low oil pressure alarm
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- “Water drop” muffler
- High water temperature alarm
- Two (2) Electric 1500 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump with handle in cockpit
- In-line 12-volt sump pump
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- 2.5# Dry fire extinguishers
- Stainless steel 6 gallon hot water heater
- Aluminum 25 gal. holding tank with overboard discharge
- Accupoint heater – with ducts in the main cabin, head, and pilothouse.
Engine box has sound insulation and lead-lined foam double engine gaskets with forced air blower and baffled and insulated engine air intake.
12-Volt DC electrical system:
- Three (3) 12-volt 4-D gel-cell batteries for a total of 540-amps
- Two (2) Heavy-duty battery switches with battery parallel switches capabilities
- 80-amp alternator on the engine
110-Volt AC electrical system
- Shore power cord with shore power relay
- NEW inverter/battery charger – with shore power relay and cord
- 110-volt outlet in head & galley
- AC electrical panel and DC sub-panel
- Electric windlass with plow anchor, chain and rode
- Stern mounted varnished teak ensign pole & socket
- Twelve-volt AFl air horn with switch on dash
- Life jackets
- Flare kit
- Full cockpit cover
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.