CHAPTER II is a very well cared for 2003 Picnic Boat EP that has been Hinckley maintained for the past 5 years in Southwest Harbor, ME. She has new Stidd seats, stainless steel handrails, low engine hours and air conditioning. Highly recommended by broker.
THIS BOAT IS A CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED BOAT BY Hinckley CPO!
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Hinckley Picnic Boat EP 2003
- Builder: Hinckley Yachts
- Designer: Bruce King
- Location: Southwest Harbor, ME
- Displacement Measure: 11,700 lb
- Brand: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 6LY2-STP diesel
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Drive Type: Jet
- Engine Power: 440|horsepower
The Picnic Boat EP (Extended Pilothouse) sleeps two comfortably forward and includes Head with shower, and Galley. An L-shaped settee with table and two forward-facing Stidd seats are in the Pilothouse. Cockpit seating is available with a forward-facing aft settee and a molded-in aft-facing engine box seat.
CHAPTER II is a late 2003 model completed and commissioned in early 2004, Hull #285.
Some introductory boat features include:
- (5) Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps provide plenty of interior lighting.
- Interior pilothouse window sun covers
- OceanAir Sky screens/shades on all four pilothouse hatches and main cabin hatch
- (6) Hella fans – Two in main cabin and two in pilothouse, one in the galley and one in the head.
* This boat will transfer with a Hinckley “CPO” Certified Pre-Owned Warranty.
HULL AND DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides (2016)
- Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and deck.
- Light Cream Double Bootstripe
- Red Bottom
Hull is Kevlar/E-glass hybrid outer skin with balsa and Corecell core carbon fiber inner skin, SCRIMPed with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and balsa core and Corecell core carbon fiber, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin. The deck sole has a molded-in nonskid pattern.
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline.
- Stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molded rub rail
Swim Platform: Heavy duty swim platform has teak treads, stainless steel bracket and half-round.
- Custom handrail on transom painted to match hull.
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform.
- Flush foredeck anchor locker.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile.
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top.
- Stainless steel cabin top handrails and a wrap-around stainless steel handrail on the pilothouse top.
- Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides (all opening with screens).
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight and radome painted to match deck.
- (5) Low-profile opening aluminum hatches with screens.
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks.
- Bow, stern and springline 316L stainless steel mooring cleats.
- Padeyes with chafe strips to hang fenders.
Entry to the cockpit:
- A stainless steel cockpit step with teak treads that mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets.
- Teak boarding step for port or starboard side deck
Seating in the cockpit is available in the Picnic EP engine box that has an integrated wet bar and an aft-facing cushioned seat finished in custom Sunbrella Bigger Stripe Oyster fabric for the seat bottoms and seat backs.
The wet bar at the aft end of the pilothouse includes a molded sink with foldaway faucet and hot and cold pressure water, insulated and self-draining icebox, and a storage drawer. The sink and cooler have a varnished teak cover. The entire engine box/wet bar and seat is hinged on the aft end and has electric lift for easy access to the engine.
Aft is a full-width settee with back and seat cushions finished in fabric that matches the pilothouse cushions. Aft settee includes two hinged lids under the cushions to allow access to removable storage tubs and to access bilge areas.
- There are port and starboard cup holders just forward of cushions.
A full Ivory-color cockpit cover that attaches to pilothouse with snaps around cockpit coaming.
Other cockpit features include:
- Cockpit sole has molded-in nonskid and direct overboard drainage scuppers.
- There are cockpit lockers with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve is located in forward face of stern seat.
PILOTHOUSE (Extended Style)
- Teak finished upper pilothouse sides, windows and shelves.
- (4) Pilothouse windows and include: (2) Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Pilothouse sole has molded-in non-skid.
- Insulated white overhead has four (4) acrylic opening hatches with Ocean Aire screens/shades.
- Additional illumination is by four overhead low-voltage halogen lights.
- Pilothouse has an AC/head duct outlet.
- (2) Hella fans – mounted the forward valence port and starboard.
- (5) Cup holders
The Pilothouse interior has a varnished teak locking companionway door. Two varnished teak handrails are under the aft outboard ends of the pilothouse cabintop and another varnished teak handrail runs the centerline length of the pilothouse overhead.
- Ivory-color drop curtains with windows provide a fully enclosed pilothouse.
- Ivory-color interior window sun covers for all four pilothouse windows.
Forward are new Stidd Helm seats and passenger seats on powder-coated pedestals that are height, as well as forward and aft, adjustable. They can swivel to face aft. These seats are finished in Light Ivory Ultra-Leather. Forward are stainless steel footrests.
Forward Port – Forward Passenger area also includes a varnished teak integral handrail/cup holder on the forward bulkhead. A stainless steel footrest is below the handrail. Outboard are controls for the Mobil Power and Air Conditioning. Below the switches is a louvered door locker outboard of the navigator seat pedestal.
Next aft, the extended Pilothouse roof shades additional settee seating with a L-shaped settee with a varnished teak shelf-rim to port that faces inboard and forward and has back and bottom cushions covered in custom Ivory Ultraleather.
- Locker stowage is beneath the settee.
- Varnished Teak triangular table hinges open to make a larger square.
- Two opening hatches with shades/screens are over the aft pilothouse area.
- Two cup holders
Helm Station (Starboard):
- Varnished teak custom instrument pod.
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim.
- Hinckley “JetStick®”.
- Engine gauges, tachometer with hour meter, oil pressure, water temp., nozzle indicator, trim tab indicators.
- Top-opening locker with chart storage.
- 12-volt “cigarette style” outlet in chart pocket.
- Two cup holders.
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Raytheon Raymarine ST-6001 Autopilot with Rate sensor.
- Raymarine E120
- Spectrum GX2350 VHF Radio with DSC and loud hailer.
- Ritchie compass
- Raytheon ST-60 multi-function display with Depth, Water Temperature and Speed indicator.
Alpine CDA-7892 AM/FM/CD stereo receiver, changer controller
Alpine CHA-S634 6-disc CD changer with CDA 7892 head unit integrated with Alpine Ai-Net. – Can read CD, CD-R, CD-RW and MP3 format.
(4) Alpine speakers (black): (2) Alpine SPS-1629 speakers on V-berth forward bulkhead, (2) Alpine STM6666 speakers in pilothouse.
The Interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including sheathing. The cabin sole is varnished teak and holly and has a custom cabin sole cover.
- There is an opening overhead hatch and two opening ports below (Head and Galley).
- All opening ports and hatches have removable screens.
From the Pilothouse companionway is the Galley to port, private Head to starboard and V-berth accommodations forward.
- Antique White Formica countertop.
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and spray nozzle.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Adler Barbour refrigeration – 12-volt cold-plate refrigerator in a self-draining box.
- Force 10 two-burner stainless steel stove with remote propane shut-off and wood cover/cutting board.
- Microwave 110-volt 600 watt oven.
- 110-volt outlet
- Pull-out under counter garbage receptacle.
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers.
- Red step-light in galley.
- Propane shut-off valve.
- Hella fan
- Opening port with screen.
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
The stove is set in the countertop forward and has a custom wood stove cover/cutting board which adds to the already ample counter space surrounding the sink. Microwave is built in outboard. The refrigeration is mounted aft of the sink and is accessed by a lift-up top.
The Galley is separated from the V-berth area with a “pantry” locker with louvered door and several shelves, and a dish stowage bin is above the pantry locker.
HEAD (Next aft starboard):
- Solid cherry door panel door.
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water.
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge.
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry-faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- Hella fan
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation.
- Cushions are upholstered in Sunbrella Blue with White stripes (2016).
- Double berth is formed with insert and cushion.
- Excellent storage under the V-berths with easy access cherry drop-front doors.
- Storage in forepeak behind a louvered cherry door.
- Hanging locker to starboard just aft of the V-berths.
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- (2) Hella fans – port and starboard bulkhead facing aft.
- Overhead opening hatch with Ocean Aire screen/shade.
Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system:
- Electrical panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter.
12-Volt DC System:
- (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps.
- 80-amp battery alternator on engine.
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch, also allows emergency starting.
110-Volt 30-Amp AC System:
- AC electrical distribution panel, volt and amp meters and DC sub-panel.
- 110-volt shore power inlet, relay and shore power cord.
- Freedom 10 Heart Inverter/Battery Charger.
2010 Yanmar 6LY2-STP 440-hp diesel engine, Hamilton 292 Jet Drive, ZF IRM220PL transmission and Vetus 7” 12-volt bow thruster.
- Hinckley custom JetStick® Gen2 control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- Yanmar fuel filter/water separator.
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge.
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges.
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, sea water flow, and high water temperature.
- Water-jet nozzle direction indicator.
- Trim tabs
- Custom wet exhaust muffler system.
Acoustic foam-lined engine box insulation and double gaskets on engine box cover with electric-riser.
Engine box exhaust fan
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission.
- Manual hydraulic steering pump.
- Aluminum 27-gallon holding tank with overboard discharge.
- Stainless steel 6-gallon hot water heater – shore power and engine heated.
- (2) Electric 1500 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches.
- Whale emergency bilge pump – mounted in cockpit locker.
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump.
Ground Tackle Equipment:
Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with Delta 22# anchor + 15′ SS chain & 150’ anchor rode and stainless steel bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the Helm Station or a handheld remote at anchor locker.
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket.
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole and socket
- Boat hook mounted under side deck.
- Brass 6” Bell
- Dock lines
- Life jackets
- Handheld flare kit
- (3) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers.
- 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash.
- Masthead and running lights.
- ACR masthead mounted spotlight with helm mounted electric remote control.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.