DRAGONFLY is a lightly used Picnic Boat EP that is in beautiful condition. Her classic styling and options are sure to capture attention everywhere she goes. She has been lovingly maintained in the care of Hinckley Service heated storage for winters with her yearly service package. She will convey with Hinckley’s CPO certification. Easily accessible for viewing. She will be fully serviced and ready for summer adventures! DRAGONFLY is a must see.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Hinckley Picnic Boat EP 2005
- Builder: Hinckley
- Designer: Bruce King
- Location: Portsmouth, RI
- Displacement Measure: 11,700 lb
- Brand: Yanmar with water-jet drive
- Engine Model: 6LY2A-STP FWC diesel
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Drive Type: Jet
- Engine Power: 440|horsepower
The Picnic Boat EP (Extended Pilothouse) sleeps two comfortably forward and includes head with shower, and galley. An L-shaped settee with table and two forward-facing Stidd seats are in the pilothouse.
Some introductory DRAGONFLY features include:
- NEW Cushions in Pilothouse and Cockpit and have been reupholstered with a classic navy and white Sunbrella fabric.
- Fresh varnish (2021)
- Custom cockpit coamings
- (5) Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps – provide plenty of interior lighting.
- Interior pilothouse window sun covers.
- Ocean Air Sky screens/shades on all four pilothouse hatches and main cabin hatch.
- (5) Hella fans – Two in main cabin, 1 in head and 2 in pilothouse.
- Accupoint heater – with outlets in pilothouse, main cabin and head.
- Alpine CDA-9827 CD Receiver, Changer/Controller with AM/FM tuner.
- Alpine CHA-S634 6-disc CD changer integrated with Alpine Ai-Net.
- (2) Alpine MB Quart DKE-116 black speakers on V-berth forward bulkhead.
- (2) Alpine STM6666 speakers in pilothouse.
HULL AND DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides
- Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and deck.
- Light Cream Double Bootstripe.
- Red Bottom
- Hull is Hinckley DualGuard™ Composite Construction Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin. Aircraft grade end grain balsa below the waterline. Carbon-fiber inner skin. SCRIMP® laminated with vinylester resin.
- Deck and cockpit are E-glass with balsa and closed-cell foam core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin.
- The deck sole has a molded-in nonskid pattern.
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline.
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rubrail.
Swim Platform: Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round.
- Custom vertical handrail on starboard transom – painted to match hull.
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform.
- Flush foredeck anchor locker with hinged hatch.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile.
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top.
- Varnished teak handrails on house top, cabin and aft end of pilothouse.
- Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides (all opening with screens).
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight and radome – painted to match deck.
- (5) Low-profile opening aluminum hatches with removable screens.
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks.
- Bow, stern and 316L stainless steel mooring cleats – mid-rail easily reached from cockpit – pop-up mid ship cleats.
- Fender padeyes with toe rail chafe strips.
- Teak capped cockpit coaming – Partial Teak Package.
- Cockpit sole has molded-in nonskid and direct overboard drainage scuppers.
- Courtesy lights under side decks port and starboard
- Cockpit lockers with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve is located in forward face of stern seat port side.
Entry to the Cockpit area:
- A stainless steel cockpit step with teak treads that mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets.
- Teak boarding step for port or starboard side deck.
FORWARD Cockpit – Cushioned seating is available in the Picnic EP engine box that has an integrated wet bar and an aft-facing cushioned seat finished in Navy and White Stripe Sunbrella fabric.
- The wet bar at the aft end of the pilothouse includes a molded sink with foldaway faucet and hot and cold pressure water, insulated and self-draining icebox, and a storage drawer. The sink and cooler have a varnished teak cover.
- The entire engine box/wet bar and seat is hinged on the aft end and has electric lift for easy access to the engine.
AFT, a full-width Settee with back and seat cushions is finished in fabric that matches the forward seat. This aft settee includes two hinged-lids under the cushions to allow access to removable storage tubs and to access bilge areas. There are port and starboard cup holders just forward of cushions.
- Full Ivory-color cockpit cover attaches to the pilothouse with snaps around cockpit coaming.
PILOTHOUSE (Extended Style)
- Teak finished upper pilothouse sides and dash.
- (4) Pilothouse windows are green tinted and include: (2) Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Pilothouse sole has molded-in non-skid
- Insulated white overhead has four (4) acrylic opening hatches with Ocean Air Sky screen/shades.
- Additional illumination is by four (4) overhead low-voltage halogen lights.
- Storage locker under pilothouse settee.
- (2) Hella fans – mounted port and starboard.
- (5) Cup holders
The Pilothouse interior has a varnished teak locking companionway door as well as:
- Custom centerline varnished teak handrail is under the pilothouse cabin top.
- (2) Varnished teak handrails are under the aft outboard ends of the pilothouse cabin top.
- Ivory-color drop curtains with windows provide a fully enclosed pilothouse.
- Ivory-colored interior window sun covers for all four pilothouse windows.
AFT: The extended Pilothouse roof shades additional seating with a L-shaped settee with varnished teak shelf rim to port that faces inboard and forward and has back and bottom cushions covered in Navy and White Stripe Sunbrella fabric.
- There is locker stowage beneath the settee.
- Triangular varnished teak table, on a removable pedestal, hinges open to make a larger square.
- Two opening hatches with shades/screens are over the aft pilothouse area. One cup holder – aft.
Stidd 500N Admiral Slimline helm and passenger seats are on powder-coated pedestals that are height, as well as forward and aft, adjustable. They can swivel to face aft. Stainless steel footrest is mounted on helm bulkhead. Port passenger seat includes a Stidd 2X footrest on seat.
- These seats are finished in Cream Ultra-Leather.
Forward passenger area also includes a varnished teak integral handrail/cup holder on the forward bulkhead. A louvered door locker is outboard of the navigator seat pedestal.
Helm Station (Starboard):
- Varnished teak custom instrument pod
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley JetStick®
- Engine gauges, tachometer with hour meter, oil pressure, water temp., nozzle indicator.
- Top-opening locker with chart storage.
- 12-volt cigarette-style outlet in chart pocket.
- Three cup holders.
- Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Raytheon Raymarine ST-6001 Autopilot with GyroPlus2 sensor, interfaced to GPS.
- Raytheon Raymarine C120 12” color Radar/GPS Chartplotter display with 2-Kw Radome.
- Raymarine Raystar 120 LP WAAS GPS antenna.
- Icom M402 VHF Radio with DSC.
- Lenco trim tabs
- Raytheon ST-60 multi-function display with depth, water temperature and speed indicator.
- Ritchie compass – helm mounted.
The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including sheathing. The cabin sole is varnished teak and tulipwood and has a custom cabin sole cover.
- There is an opening overhead hatch and there are four opening ports below.
- All opening ports and hatches have removable screens.
From the Pilothouse companionway is the Galley to port, private Head to starboard and the V-berth accommodations forward.
Some Galley features:
- Sandstone Corian countertop.
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and spray nozzle.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Adler Barbour refrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self-draining box.
- Force 10 two-burner stainless steel stove with remote propane shut-off and wood cover/cutting board.
- Microwave 600-watt 110-volt oven.
- 110-volt outlet
- Under-counter pull-out garbage receptacle.
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers.
- Red step-light in galley.
- LP gas sniffer
- Propane shut-off valve.
- Opening port with screen.
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
The stove is set in the countertop forward and has a custom wood stove cover/cutting board – which adds to the already ample counter-space surrounding the sink. Microwave is built in outboard. The refrigeration is mounted aft of the sink and is accessed by a counter lift-up top.
A “Pantry” locker with louvered door and several shelves separates the Galley from the forward V-berth area.
HEAD (Next aft starboard):
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water – bracket for shower bulkhead mounted.
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head – plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge.
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry-faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- Hella fan
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation.
- A double berth is formed with an insert and matching cushion.
- Cushions are upholstered in Navy and White Stripe Sunbrella fabric.
- Storage locker under a V-berth has a shelf and an easy-access cherry drop-front doors.
- Heating duct under the opposite berth.
- Storage in forepeak behind a louvered cherry door.
- Hanging locker is just aft of the V-berths to starboard.
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- (2) Hella fans – port and starboard bulkhead facing aft.
- Overhead opening hatch with Ocean Air Sky screen/shade.
Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system with zinc saver.
12-VOLT DC SYSTEM:
- (3) 12-volt batteries – for a total of 540-amps.
- 80-amp battery alternator on engine.
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch – also allows emergency starting.
- Electrical 12-volt distribution panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter.
110-VOLT 30-AMP AC SYSTEM:
- 110-volt shore power inlet, relay and a shore power cord with power indicator light.
- Inverter/Battery Charger with Remote monitor panel.
DC distribution panel, volt and amp meters and an AC sub-distribution panel.
2005 Yanmar 6LY2A-STP six cylinder 440-hp diesel engine:
- Hamilton 292 Jet Drive
- ZF IRM220PL reduction transmission
- Vetus 7” 12-volt reversible bow thruster.
- Hinckley custom JetStick® control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- Yanmar fuel filter/water separator.
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge.
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges.
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high water temperature.
- Water-jet nozzle direction indicator.
- Custom wet-exhaust exhaust muffler system.
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission.
- “Algae-X” magnetic fuel conditioning system.
- Manual hydraulic steering pump.
- (2) Electric 1500-GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches.
- Whale emergency bilge pump – mounted in cockpit locker.
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump.
- 27-gallon aluminum holding tank with overboard discharge.
- 6-gallon stainless steel hot water heater – shore power and engine heated.
- (2) 80-gallon heavy gauge aluminum fuel tanks – total 160-gallons.
- Mylar-faced acoustical foam-lined engine box insulation .
- Engine box cover has double gaskets and an electric riser.
- Engine box forced air exhaust fan
- Automatic engine compartment fire suppression system, with automatic engine shut-down.
GROUND TACKLE EQUIPMENT:
Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with polished stainless steel Delta 22# anchor + 15” stainless steel chain & 150’ anchor rode and polished stainless steel folding bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld wired remote at anchor locker.
- Saltwater deck wash – in forward anchor locker.
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff – with flush socket.
- Stern-mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & flush socket.
- Boat hook – mounted under side deck.
- Dock lines.
- Fenders with cover – and Wichard snap hooks for each fender line.
- Deck shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve.
- Life jackets.
- Hand held flare kit.
- 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash.
- Masthead and running lights.
- ACR spotlight – Masthead mounted with helm mounted electric remote control.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.