VENTOUX (name reserved) is the finest Picnic Boat EP (Extended Pilothouse)’s available and shows perfectly. Built for an experienced yachtsmen with the most desirable feature and options which make this Hinckley the perfect choice. One of the very few Picnic Boat EPs built with the optional second convertible berth and optional engine driven generator allows for the operation of the air conditioning/reverse cycle heat while underway. Do not miss the opportunity to see this like new 2005 Picnic Boat with incredibly low hours and in turn key condition.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Hinckley Picnic Boat EP 2005
- Builder: Hinckley Yachts
- Designer: Bruce King
- Location: Bainbridge Island, WA
- Displacement Measure: 11,700 lb
- Brand: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 6LY2A-STP fwc diesel
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Hours: 384
- Drive Type: Jet
- Engine Power: 440|horsepower
VENTOUX represents an opportunity to purchase a Picnic boat in like new condition. She has always been maintained, serviced and detailed to the highest level and is arguable the best conditioned Picnic boat on the market today.
VENTOUX is very well optioned which make this Hinckley the perfect choice . Air conditioning and reverse cycle heat in the cabin and pilothouse will keep you cruising comfortably and the engine driven generator (new 2022) ensures you enjoy that comfort at the dock or underway.
Every aspect of VENTOUX presents as you would expect a Hinckley with less than 400 engine hours. She sleeps two comfortably in the V-berth forward and includes a head with shower, and a galley. An L-shaped settee with table and two forward facing Stidd seats are in the pilothouse.
Some introductory boat features include:
- (5) Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps provide plenty of interior lighting.
- Interior pilothouse window sun covers
- OceanAir Sky screens/shades on all four pilothouse hatches and main cabin hatch
- (4) Hella fans – Two in main cabin and two in the pilothouse
- (4) Custom Hinckley opening port lights
- Two Shore cord 30 amp
- CUSTOM full boat cover down to waterline
- Updated Raymarine Chartplotter
- Updated Raymarine 4KW digital radar dome
- Updated Fusion Stereo
- (2) MB Quartz speakers in Pilothouse: (2) MB Quartz speakers on V-berth forward bulkhead
- Sirius Satellite Radio
- Independent volume control for pilothouse and cockpit from helm
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Alwgrip Topsides
- W-520 Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and deck
- Double Light Cream Boot stripe
- Red Bottom (2022)
The hull is Hinckley DualGuard® composite, Kevlar/E-glass hybrid outer skin with resin infused segmented Aircraft grade balsa and Corecell core, with carbon fiber inner skin, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and Aircraft grade balsa and Corecell core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin. The deck sole and fore deck have a custom molded nonskid pattern. Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline.
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail
Swim Platform: Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round rubrail.
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform.
- Transom handle painted to match hull
- Flush foredeck anchor locker, with hide away windlass
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished Teak handrails on the cabin top and on the pilothouse rooftop, also a varnished Teak aft end of the pilothouse.
- Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides (all opening with screens)
- Hinckley pilothouse mast radome painted to match deck on pilothouse top.
- (5) Low profile opening aluminum hatches with screens with Ocean Air Sky Screens/Blinds
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and springline 316L stainless steel mooring cleats
- Padeyes with chafe strips to hang fenders
- (2) Pop-up midship spring cleats
- Hinckley Bo-Peep stainless steel boarding handle – with port and starboard deck socket.
- Salt and fresh water wash down spigots.
Entry to the cockpit:
- A stainless steel cockpit step ladder with teak treads that mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets.
- Bo-Peep style boarding handle with a deck socket located at each boarding location.
Seating in the cockpit:
- Transom settee
- On the aft end of engine box
- All seating is covered in Schumacher Ultraleather in Ivory color with Red piping. This custom material option provides a luxurious feel while keeping maintenance easy and wears well.
- The wet bar is between the cockpit and the pilothouse and includes:
- A molded sink with foldaway faucet with hot and cold pressure water,
- An insulated and self-draining icebox
- Storage is provided below on port and starboard sides.
- The sink and cooler have varnished teak covers.
Aft is a full-width settee with back and seat cushions finished in fabric that matches the pilothouse and cushions. Aft settee includes a hinged lid under the cushion to allow access to removable storage tub and to access bilge areas. There are port and starboard cup holders just forward of cushions.
Other cockpit amenities include:
- Cockpit and Pilothouse sole has a custom Hinckley painted non-skid pattern
- There are cockpit lockers with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve is located in forward face of stern seat.
- Direct overboard drainage scuppers.
- Salt & fresh water wash down spigots located under port kick well.
The PILOTHOUSE (Extended-roof style):
- A FULL Hinckley teak package covers the dash area, around pilothouse windows, around L-settee, and cockpit coaming and coaming caps
- (4) Pilothouse windows and include: (2) Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Exterior window trim repainted. (2022)
- Table – The pilothouse table as the optional high/low feature and transforms into a berth with the supplied filler cushions.
- Insulated white overhead for sound attenuation
- Pilothouse top has four (4) acrylic opening hatches with Ocean Air Blinds/Screens
- Lighting is provided by a total of (4) Halogen overhead lights. Light above helm seat is on separate circuit. Both circuits, one for helmsman and other that control other 3 lights are on dimmer switches
- Five (5) Stainless Steel Cup holders
- Two varnished teak handrails are under the aft outboard ends of the pilothouse cabin top.
- Ivory-colored Stamoid interior window sun covers(which match gelcoat color) for all four pilothouse windows.
- Ivory-colored Stamoid drop curtains with Eisenglass windows provide a fully enclosed pilothouse. Curtains match color of deck.
- Ivory colored Stamoid weather covers for the stern seating and wet bar.
- At forward end of pilothouse, a varnished teak door with teak top is provided. Both portions can be locked.
- 110 VAC outlet (waterproof style)
Forward are Stidd helm and passenger seats on “tall” powder-coated pedestals with foot rest for each helmsperson. These “tall” pedestals provide extra visibility for the helmsman and passenger. These seats are adjusted manually both for height and forward and aft positioning. These seats can also swivel to face aft. These seats are finished in Ivory Ultra-Leather.
Next aft, the Extended Pilothouse roof shades additional seating with an L-shaped settee to port, with varnished teak cap that wraps outboard to inboard and forward, has integral cup holder mid, and all back and bottom cushions custom covered in Schumacher Ultraleather in Ivory color with Red piping.
- There is locker stowage beneath the settee.
- Triangular Varnished teak table hinges open to make larger square. A berth is also formed with the optional Hi-lo feature and the supplied cushions.
- Two opening hatches with shades/screens are over the aft pilothouse area.
- One cup holders.
HELM & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Helm Station (Starboard):
- Varnished teak instrument pod
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley “JetStick®” control
- Custom Hinckley gauge package for Picnic Boat includes: Analog tachometer with LCD engine hours display, Oil Pressure gauge and High Cooling Water Temp gauge and Rudder Angle are analog style for easy reading.
- Top-opening chart pocket with chart storage outboard to starboard.
- 12-volt “cigarette style” outlet in chart pocket
- Three cup holders
Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Updated Raymarine Multifunction Navigation system
- Fish Finder
- Updated 4KW Radome on pilothouse top, painted to match deck color
- ICOM M402 DSC VHF radio
- Updated Raymarine ST 6001 Autopilot interfaced to GPS
- Lenco Electric Trim Tab controls
- Fireboy suppression and engine shut down system
- ACR spot light with helm mounted remote controls
- Ritchie Binnacle compass
- Lenco Trim Tab controls
- High Water Bilge Alarm
From the pilothouse companionway is the Galley to port, enclosed Head to starboard and V-Berth accommodations forward. The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including hull sheathing.
- The cabin sole is varnished teak and holly.
- Overhead is sound absorbent material with cherry battens
- There is an opening overhead hatch above the V-berth with Ocean Air Blind/Screen
- There are four (4) opening ports- one in galley, head, and in two above the V-berth all with removable screens
- Fans(Hella) port and starboard on forward bulkhead
- Stereo Speakers on forward bulkhead.
GALLEY (to Port)
- Corian countertop – Festival
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and spray nozzle
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Refrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self draining box
- Kenyon electric two-burner cooktop with alcohol burners for times at anchor.
- Custom galley cabinetry adding 3 drawers for additional storage
- Microwave 110-volt 600 watt oven
- 110-volt outlet
- (2) Cherry drawers
- Red step light in galley
- Opening port with screen
- Pullout under-counter garbage can
- Storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
The galley is separated from the V-berth area with a “pantry” locker with louvered door and shelves, and a dish stowage bin is above the pantry locker.
HEAD (Next aft starboard)
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water.
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer beside the marine head, and a locker access under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation.
- Cushions are upholstered in Schumacher Ultraleather in Ivory color with Ivory piping.
- V-Berth filler board with matching cushion
- Storage under the V-berths with easy access cherry drop-front door to port.
- Storage in forepeak behind a louvered cherry door.
- Hanging locker to starboard just aft of the V-berths with custom pull out bar for easier hanging of clothes
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- (2) Hella fans – port and starboard bulkhead facing aft
Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system:
12-volt DC electrical system:
- (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps
- 80-amp battery alternator on engine
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting
110-volt 30-amp AC electrical system:
- AC electrical distribution panel, volt and amp meters and DC sub-panel
- 110-volt shore power inlet, relay and shore power cord
- MasterVolt inverter/Battery Charger
- Mobile Power 110VAC Alternator to power Air Conditioning system when away from dock.
2005 Yanmar 440-HP diesel engine, Hamilton 292 Jet Drive, ZF IRM220PL transmission and Vetus 7” 12-volt bow thruster. Hinckley custom “JetStick”® control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- Analog tachometer, oil pressure, engine water temperatures and rudder angle gauges
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high water temperature
- Custom wet exhaust muffler system
- Lenco trim tabs
- Racor fuel filter/water separator mounted in engine compartment
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- Manual hydraulic steering helm pump
- (2) Electric 1500 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump mounted in cockpit locker
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump
- ProMariner Galvanic Isolator monitor
- FireBoy Automatic Fire Extinguisher with Engine Shutdown Override Panel
- High water bilge alarm
- Air conditioning for pilothouse and cabin- 18,000 btu for pilothouse and 10,000 for cabin. WIth all new electronic boards in both units.
- Aluminum 27-gallon holding tank with overboard discharge
- Stainless steel 6-gallon hot water heater – shore power and engine heated
- Acoustic lined foam engine box insulation and double gaskets on engine box cover with electric riser
- Engine box exhaust fan
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & socket
- Boat hook
- Brass 6” Bell
- Dock lines
- Deck shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve
- Life jackets
- Hand held flare kit
- (3) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- 12-volt Kahlenburg air horn with switch on dash
- Masthead and running lights
- ACR spotlight with helm control
- Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with Delta 22# anchor + 15” SS chain & 150’ anchor rode and stainless steel bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld remote at anchor locker.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.