As one of the last Hinckley Picnic Boat Extended Pilothouse models ever produced LAST TANGO represents a very rare find. Her notable features include a rare factory transom door, Volvo 435hp engine, Stainless Steel Handrails, and Dock Side Air Conditioning. She has been lovingly maintained and upgraded her entire life. Recent upgrades include, New Exterior Cushions, Electronics, Jet service, Head liners, Varnish, Overhead Hatches and Batteries. Her Claret Red hull is simply stunning and sure to turn heads in every Harbor she visits.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Hinckley Picnic Boat EP 2008
- Builder: Hinckley Yachts
- Designer: Bruce King
- Location: Fort Myers, FL
- Displacement Measure: 11,700 lb
- Brand: Volvo
- Engine Model: D6 common rail diesel
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Hours: 637
- Drive Type: Jet
- Engine Power: 435|horsepower
HULL and DECK
Construction of the hull is Hinckley DualGuard® Composite Construction Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin. Aircraft grade end-grain balsa below the waterline. Carbon-fiber inner skin. SCRIMP® laminated with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass with balsa and closed-cell foam core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin.
- Recent Claret Red Awlgrip topsides
- Light cream gelcoat cabin house and deck
- Single light cream boot stripe
- Fresh black bottom paint and bucket paint
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail
Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform
- Stainless handrail on transom, painted to match the hull.
- Flush foredeck anchor locker with hinged hatch and fold-out anchor roller.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Stainless steel handrails on port and starboard of cabin house, wrap around handrails on pilothouse top.
- Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides (all opening with screens)
- Hinckley styled mast on pilothouse roof
- Spotlight, Radome, and GPS and Radio antennas painted to match deck.
- (5) Low-profile opening aluminum hatches with Ocean Air Sky screens. Four (4) on pilothouse top and One (1) on cabin house top
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and 316L stainless steel mooring cleats – mid-rail easily reached from cockpit – pop-up mid ship cleats
- Fender padeyes with toe rail chafe strips
- Full length S.S. chafe strip across transom
- ACR spotlight – Masthead mounted with helm mounted electric remote control
- Opening transom door with removable filler seat and cushion
The Cockpit features forward facing seat at the transom, and aft facing seating on the engine box.
- Beautiful New Exterior Cushions covered in Striped Perennials “Beachcomber” Fabric
- There are Stamoid weather covers for the aft settee and the engine box.
The engine box in the Picnic Boat EP is cleverly used with aft facing seating, and a wet bar and cooler both with varnished teak tops.
- The wet bar includes a stainless-steel sink with foldaway faucet and hot and cold pressure water, insulated and self-draining icebox, a storage drawer, and additional storage under the sink
- The entire engine box/wet bar and seat is hinged on the aft end and has electric lift for easy access to the engine.
More cockpit features:
- Varnished teak coaming verticals and coaming cap
- Gelcoat nonskid sole
- Transom door with filler piece and cushions
- Courtesy lights under side decks port and starboard on dimmer
- Stainless steel cockpit step with teak treads that mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets.
- Teak boarding step for port or starboard side deck
- Cockpit lockers with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve at stern seat.
- Stamoid cockpit mooring cover
- Varnished teak pilothouse side liners and dash
- (4) Four Pilothouse windows include: (2) Two sliding side windows and (2) Two forward fixed windows with grey tint. Forward windows have heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and freshwater washers.
- Stidd helmseat and passenger seats with X2 footrests are covered in Buff Ultraleather that blends nicely with deck color. Pedestals are painted to match the deck as well. Helm seats are manually operated up/down and forward/back.
- Custom teak step at helm provides additional visibility for helmsman
- Cushioned L-shaped settee aft to port with Striped Perennials “Beachcomber” Fabric
- Varnished teak pilothouse table is triangular with folding piece that makes table a square. Includes protective Stamoid cover.
- Insulated white overhead has four (4) acrylic opening hatches with Ocean Air Sky screens/shades
- Lighting is provided by (4) four overhead halogen lights with dimmers.
- Storage locker under pilothouse settee
- (2) Hella fans – mounted port and starboard
- (5) Cup holders
- Varnished teak locking companionway door
- (2) Varnished teak handrails are under the aft outboard ends of the pilothouse cabin top
- Stamoid window covers snap on the inside of pilothouse windows
- Stamoid 3-piece drop curtain with Eisenglass windows – to enclose the pilothouse.
Helm Station (Starboard)
- Varnished teak instrument pod
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley JetStick® steering system
- Engine gauges, tachometer with hour meter, oil pressure, water temp., nozzle indicator
- Top-opening locker with chart storage
- 12-volt cigarette-style outlet in chart pocket
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- New Raymarine Autopilot
- New Raymarine Hybrid Plotter
- New Raymarine Radar
- Volvo Engine information Multifunction display
- New Raymarine GPS antenna
- New Sounder and transducer
- New VHF radio and antenna
- New Fusion Bluetooth audio System
The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry. The cabin sole is varnished teak and tulipwood and has a cabin sole cover. Louvered cherry locker doors and (5) Frigast stainless steel bulkhead lights with dimmers add to the cabin ambience.
Entry is from the pilothouse companionway to the galley to port, private head to starboard and the V-berth accommodations forward.
- Sahara Corian countertop
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and hot and cold pressure water.
- Adler Barbourrefrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self-draining insulated box
- 600-watt 110-volt microwave oven
- Standard propane stove
- 110-volt outlet
- Fresh water tank gauge
- Built-in bin for dish stowage
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers
- Red step-light in galley
- Under counter pull-out garbage receptacle
- Opening port with screen
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
The refrigerator box is aft and has a lift-up top. Next forward is the single bowl stainless steel sink. The stove was deleted and an ingenious storage space with hinged top is in its place. Microwave is built in outboard. A pantry-like locker with louvered door and several shelves separates the galley from the forward V-berth area.
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/handheld shower provides hot & cold pressure water – bracket for shower bulkhead mounted
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- Hella fan
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation.
- A very comfortable double berth is formed with an insert. Sunbrella Fabric for V-berth is Cheinelle Gold
- Storage locker under a V-berth has a shelf and an easy-access cherry drop-front door.
- Cedar-lined hanging locker is just aft of the V-berths to starboard.
- (2) Hella fans – port and starboard bulkhead facing aft.
- Overhead opening hatch with Ocean Air Sky screen/shade.
Low resistance, copper wire and sacrificial zinc anode bonding system. Zinc saver.
- (3) New 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps.
- Start – 12-volt AGM Group 4D battery with 1100 CCA capability.
- House – (2) New 12-volt AGM Group 4D batteries – 210-amps each.
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch allows emergency starting.
- 12-volt distribution panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter.
- Two (2) 30-amp shore power cords with power indicator light.
- 2007 Volvo D6 435-hp diesel engine.
- Hamilton 292 Jet Drive
- ZF transmission with reduction and reverse gear.
- Side Power 12-volt reversible bow thruster
- Hinckley custom “JetStick® Gen3” control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- Lenco trim tabs
- Custom water-drop muffler
- New Engine Alternator
- Groco SA2000 bronze raw water strainer for engine cooling in lieu of standard plastic Volvo sea water strainer
- Algae X fuel filter
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges.
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high engine water temperature and hydraulic pressure.
- Water jet nozzle direction indicator.
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission.
- Manual hydraulic steering pump.
- (2) Electric 1500-GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches.
- Whale emergency bilge pump – mounted in cockpit locker.
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump.
- 27-gallon aluminum holding tank with overboard discharge.
- 6-gallon stainless steel hot water heater – shore power and engine heated.
- 35-gallon stainless steel water tank.
- (2) 80-gallon heavy gauge aluminum fuel tanks – total 160-gallons.
- Mylar-faced acoustical foam-lined engine box insulation.
- Engine box cover has double gaskets and an electric riser.
- Engine box forced-air exhaust fan.
- Baffled and insulated air intake
- Automatic engine compartment fire suppression system, with automatic engine shutdown.
- Accu-Point heater – with outlets in the Pilothouse, Main Cabin and Head.
- Air Conditioning system – one 18k BTU unit in pilothouse and one 10k BTU unit for interior. Both can provide reverse cycle heat.
Ground Tackle System:
- Muir electric windlass package: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with polished stainless-steel anchor + 15” stainless steel chain & 150’ anchor rode and NEW Lemar polished stainless steel folding bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station, or a handheld wired remote at anchor locker.
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket.
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & flush socket.
- Boat hook – mounted under side deck.
- Dock lines
- Fenders with cover and Wichard snap hooks for each fender line.
- Deck shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve.
- Life jackets
- Handheld flare kit
- (3) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash.
- Masthead and running lights
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.