JACQUELINE IV is one of the last and best Sou’wester 42’s ever built. Conceived as a competitive offshore racer that can be transformed into a successful cruiser, she has exceeded all expectations. Equally at home participating in the transatlantic race or on the hook in Maine – she represents the best of both worlds and is easy on the eye behind any lens and from any angle. Every device known to Hinckley to save weight while at the same time retaining style and comfort was employed making her one of the lightest and fastest boats in her class while at the same time retaining style and comfort which Hinckley Yachts are known. Equipped and ready for serious offshore racing or cruising, she represents an opportunity to acquire a “no compromise” blue water sailboat. Those looking for performance need not focus on “clorox bottles” and those looking for a comfortable cruiser need not focus on slow moving heavy vessels – JACQUELINE IV is the answer!
Available for the first time ever, JIV is unmistakable and gorgeous in any harbor. Her hull lines are classic and recognizable, her tall triple spreader carbon rig is impressive, her bottom is extra slippery, and her weight saving construction all allow for quick sailing characteristics.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Hinckley Sou’wester 42 MK II Sloop 1996
- Builder: Hinckley Yachts
- Designer: McCurdy & Rhodes
- Location: Stonington, CT
- Brand: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4JH2E fwc diesel
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Hours: 6500
- Drive Type: Direct
- Engine Power: 50|horsepower
HULL, DECK and COCKPIT
Deck and Hull:
- (2012) Flag Blue Awlgrip – Topsides
- Off-White Oyster House and Deck
- Double white 1” bootstripe topped by ½” red bootstripe
- Gold Cove Stripe
- Blue bottom
- Hull: Hand laid laminate of blister resistant vinylester resin reinforced with a knit hybrid fabric of Kevlar/E-glass reinforced with S glass. A balsa cubed wood is vacuum bagged into the laminate to provide the greatest degree of stiffness and thermal/acoustic insulation possible. This core is removed and additional layers of fiberglass are added in stress areas such as hull/deck connecting flange, centerline and keel, chainplates, rudder post, and all thru-hull fittings. A fiberglass hull stringer system is bonded to the hull and integrated with the mast step and engine mounts to form a single unit that is strong and light. Port and starboard hull ports for natural light. Custom diviny-cell cored bulkheads for reduced weight
- Deck: One piece fiberglass molding which incorporates a hybrid knit fabric of Kevlar/E-glass to reduce weight and a diviny-cell core – The core is deleted and replaced with solid layers of reinforcing fiberglass in the way of major penetrations and stress areas. The hull 5 1/2″ deck flange is laid up to receive the deck and are bonded together to assure a strong, permanent, watertight hull/deck joint.
- Marelon ball-valve type seacocks are installed flush with hull.
- Molded external lead keel (provides protection in the event of grounding) is secured to the hull with 1″ stainless steel bolts.
- Keel/centerboard underbody
- Dacro flaps on centerboard trunk
- Custom centerboard: resin infused S-glass with additional fairing
- Longboarded and perfectly faired “race bottom”
- (2014) bottom redone to perfection with Jim Taylor Yacht Design
- Custom Carbon Fiber spade rudder built by GMT composites
- Custom Lewmar aluminum hatches
- Removable Simpson Lawrence Anchorman windlass
- Hinckley stainless steel removable bow roller chock
- Hinckley stainless steel custom bow pulpit and stern pulpit & stanchions.
- Tapered stanchions, Double lifelines with port and starboard boarding gates
- Marinium deck cleats
- Spring line cleats
- Teak cleat covers
- (8) Winchard padeyes on deck for safety harness attachments
- Teak deck hand rails
- Custom storage of companionway boards on top of hatch
- Custom toerails cut down from standard size for weight saving and comfort
- ORC Cat #1 companionway boards
- Radar mast at stern
- (2019) Outboard engine lifting crane
- 6-man deck mounted Winslow Liferaft
The Hinckley SW-42 has a large “T” shaped cockpit.
- Custom 48” wheel (in lieu of standard 36”)
- Locking sail and equipment locker to port
- Two stainless steel trimmed winch handle pockets located in each coaming.
- There are three line racks in the sail locker.
- Lazarette hatch is flush.
JACQUELINE features a Dinette Layout that sleeps seven with custom removable pipe berth for offshore use and has a separate Nav Station.
- She is finished with a high gloss varnished cherry interior and a teak and holly cabin sole
- Ultra suede interior cushions (weather covers for interior cushions)
- Louvered doors
- Port and Starboard port lights
NAVIGATION STATION, Aft Starboard: Immediately to starboard of the companionway is the Nav Station separated by a partial bulkhead from the salon next forward.
- (2018) All new B&G Hercules 5000 instrument system
- Argonaut ruggedized Computer with – (2017) Expedition and Time Zero
- ICOM IC-M58 VHF
- ICOM IC-810 SSB
- Iridium Sat phone
- Autohelm ST6000 autopilot
- Curved nav seat for comfort with lee cloth
- (2011) Garmin AIS
- Furuno Radar
- (2016) Satellite radio entertainment system with speakers in salon and cockpit
Starboard, aft of the Nav area, another partial bulkhead separates a walk-in quarterberth.
- Hooks for foul weather gear.
- Outboard Storage cabinet and book shelf
- Lee cloth on bunk
- Edson cockpit table
- Opening port
GALLEY, Aft Port:
The U-shaped Galley is opposite the Nav Area to port:
- Corian Champagne countertops
- There are storage lockers aft, outboard and trap? storage.
- Scandvik stainless steel sink with hot & cold pressure water
- Manual fresh water and saltwater pumps
- Gimbaled Force 10 stainless steel 3-burner stove with oven & broiler and a safety bar.
- (2018) Sea Frost refrigerator and freezer
- Hinckley custom glass rack, paper towel rack
- Hinckley custom cutting board fits sink.
- Curved steps in ladder for better traction
- 110 ac receptacle
MAIN SALON, Amidship:
U-shaped Dinette arrangement is to port with comfortable seating for 6.
- Custom Ultra Suede cushions
- Dining table which can be removed when racing
- Dinette converts into a full double berth
- Removable pipe berth used when racing
- Dinette has storage areas in the dinette seats.
- Outboard are lockers
- Settee and pilot berths with lee cloths
- Additional storage below the pilot berth.
HEAD, Forward Port:
- Corian Spruce counter top with sink.
- Mirror over the sink.
- Grohe faucet, hot and cold pressure water, and handheld shower.
- Manual freshwater pump
- Manual marine toilet with holding tank
- Hinckley stainless steel hand rail/towel rack
- Outboard lockers with shelves built-in
- 110 v ac receptacle
- Opening port
OWNER STATEROOM, Forward:
- V-berth with seat between
- Custom Liquor and wine storage in V-berth seat
- V-berths have storage drawers below
- Full-length lockers above port and starboard.
- Starboard hanging locker – cedar-lined full-length hanging locker.
- To port is a 3-drawer bureau – 110v ac receptacle in port locker
- Access door to head for privacy
- Forepeak access.
- Lewmar fore-aft opening smoked plexiglass hatch with screen and solar fan
- Custom swivel overhead LED lights
- Private access to the head.
ELECTRICAL and MECHANICAL
- All circuits, major mechanical components and rigging are grounded with heavy copper strapping to the keel.
Heavy-duty, large capacity 12-Volt/110-Volt Electrical System:
- (4) AGM battery house bank
- (1) Gel engine starting battery
- Xantrex 2000 inverter
- Xantrex SW 2012 charger
- Balmar alternator
- Master control panel – circuit breakers, separate lighting and starting circuits, voltmeter and ammeter.
ENGINE ROOM/MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT:
Engine compartment is lead foam sound insulated and equipped with a blower.
Yanmar 4JH2E fresh water-cooled diesel engine
- 2:1 reduction gear.
- Aquamet stainless steel shaft
- (2014) transmission
- (2014) Replaced injectors and pressure fuel pump
- Bronze 2 blade feathering maxprop
- (2014) shaft seal
- Engine alarm for oil and overheat
- Racor water filter
- Engine instrument panel shows RPM tachometer
- Oil pressure, engine temperature and amp meter
- Electric sump pump.
- Wheel steering with emergency tiller steering system
- Spectra 150 water maker
- (2015) Espar Diesel heating system throughout cabin
SAILS and RIGGING
- Triple-spreader GMT composites carbon fiber mast
- Aluminum boom
- Hall rigid quick vang
- Hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Harken genoa furler
- Adjustable Carbon fiber spinnaker pole
- Aluminum reaching strut
- Upper and lower running backstays
- (2015) Rig Pro (division of Southern Spars) rod standing rigging
- (7) Lewmar rope clutches
- Harken main sheet traveler
Upgraded winch package
- (2) Lewmar #60 primary winches
- (2) Lewmar #50 ST winches
- (4) Lewmar #44 ST winches
- (2) Lewmar #440 ST winches
- North 3DL
- Medium #1 (North 3DL)
- #2,#3 North 3DL
- #4 Norlman
- Blast Reacher (North 3dl)
- Code 0
- Symmetrical Spinnaker
- .6 oz
- .85 oz
- ¾ oz
- ½ oz
- Windseeker *mylar)
- Genoa staysail (carbon/Kevlar)
- Spinnaker staysail (carbon/Kevlar)
- Storm job (dacron)
- Storm trysail (dacron)
- Norlam mainsail,
- Norlam 135% genoa
- ¾ oz cruising spinnaker
(2017) Deck mounted Winslow 6-man life raft.
Ground Tackle Equipment:
- 35lb CQR anchor mounted on removable anchor roller
- 22lb Danforth anchor stowed below deck
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.