GALIENE has had extensive refits and constant care and upgrades by the Hinckley Company here in Maine. A Sou’wester 52, she is a fine yacht, priced fairly and available for immediate sale.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Hinckley Sou’wester 52 Sloop 1996
- Builder: Hinckley
- Designer: McCurdy & Rhodes
- Location: Southwest Harbor, ME
- Ballast Weight: 14,600 lb
- Displacement Measure: 39,000 lb
- Brand: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4JH2-DTE FWC diesel
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Hours: 1070
- Engine Power: 88|horsepower
GALIENE is an eye-catching aft-cockpit, keel-centerboard, reverse-transom Sou’wester 52 stoway sloop. She has a tri-cabin cherry interior plan with berths for up to 8. Many amenities for safe, comfortable and efficient sailing are included, packaged in this beautiful Hinckley vessel.
See GALIENE’S extensive upgrades lists.
HULL AND DECK
- Jade Mist Green Awlgrip topsides
- Teak covered deck
- Off-White Awlgrip cabin top
- Off-White Awlgrip Boottop
- Black Bottom
- Varnished cherry interior
- Hull: Scrimped Kevlar/E-glass hull cored with a combination of balsa and divinycell for additional strength and weight reduction – reinforced in high stress areas.
- Deck: Hand laid Kevlar hybrid E-glass deck is cored with variable density Klegecell for exceptional strength. A 6” hull flange receives the deck and is glassed and bolted in place.
- Sheer guard rails – painted to match the hull have stainless steel half-round caps.
- Custom secured floorboards for 360º roll.
- Reverse transom (True LOA 51′ 5.5")
- Keel – Centerboard underbody
- Draft – 5′ 10" Board up / 11′ Board down
- Hinckley stainless steel stem iron with integral chocks and bow roller
- Stainless steel bow roller
- Varnished teak toe rails
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with seats in stern pulpit
- Stainless steel stanchions and double lifelines with gates
- Stainless steel chocks and cleats
- Forepeak anchor locker – accessed through a deck hatch – divided for chain/rode storage – custom shelving for gear storage.
- Port deck locker – drained – allows more equipment storage.
- Teak foredeck chafe guard recessed for chain between bow roller and windlass
- Saltwater deck wash
- Seven (7) ventilation hatches – smoked plexiglass covers, with screens
- Five (5) cowl 5” vents
- Three (3) additional varnished dorade boxes with stainless steel guards and sliding cherry ringed closures.
- Recessed polished stainless steel genoa deck tracks
- Smoked plexiglass on the dorade tops.
- Polished bright stainless steel running lights.
- Custom track to mount boarding ladder at port and starboard stanchion gates
This boat is set-up for shorthanded sailing offering an aft cockpit with cut-down coaming for additional seating width and winches placed within reach to the helmsman.
- Teak capped coamings with molded-in winch pockets with stainless steel trim
- Teak cockpit sole
- Teak covered cockpit seats – watertight opening seat lids access storage areas and sail locker with light.
- Autopilot control switch panel recessed into starboard coaming.
- Two (2) opening stainless steel lined portlights from the aft cabin open into the cockpit.
- Varnished teak trimmed companionway hatch forward
- Nav instruments are mounted on varnished teak over and aft of the companionway
Pedestal wheel steering:
- Elkhide covered rim “destroyer type” steering wheel
- Engine controls
- Binnacle mounted compass with stainless steel cover
- Stainless steel binnacle guard
- Nav helm instrument mounted on binnacle guard
- Dodger – Linen Sunbrella (2017) with elkhide covered stainless steel grab rail
- Beige Sunbrella cockpit bimini
- Hinckley cockpit cushions
- Hinckley teak folding cockpit table with extension
- Custom binocular/glasses and cups rack
- Cockpit table weather cover – when in stowed position
- Cockpit speakers
- Cockpit deck shower with mixing valve
- Two (2) large fold-a-way safety harness pad eyes.
- Boom light – adds cockpit lighting
- Two (2) teak transom corner seats, port & stbd
Tri-cabin cherry interior layout is gloss varnished and has a white overhead with cherry trim and a teak and holly sole.
Her Interior Plan includes:
- Forepeak – storage for anchor/rodes and equipment.
- Forward Head
- Guest Cabins – Port and starboard.
- Main Cabin – Main Salon including dinette, Nav Station and Galley.
- Aft Head
- Master Stateroom – Aft.
Interior features include:
- Berths for eight (8) – Sheets for all berths – including two linen sets for Master Stateroom.
- Espar D5L cabin heater
- Recessed overhead lights with remote switches.
- Curtains throughout.
- Hunter Green UltraSuede fabric covered cushions in Main Salon – easy clean.
- (4) Throw pillows in Hunter Ultrasuede with double piping in Almond and Florentine.
- Louvered doors in the Main Salon.
- Red step-lights at the steps and Companionway.
- Teak hand rails port and starboard of the Companionway.
- Hinckley custom towel/grab bar in front of the Galley stove.
- Stereo system, TV and DVD player located in the main salon entertainment center.
- Fusion radio
- Weems & Plath clock and barometer
The Interior is accessed from the forward cockpit down the companionway steps into the aft Main Cabin area. Immediately to starboard is the Galley with the Master Stateroom and Aft Head directly opposite to port, all very cockpit accessible. Forward is the full-with Main Salon.
MASTER STATEROOM: Aft to port is the Master Stateroom that features:
- Double berth with large storage drawers under.
- Full-length shelf over outboard the berth.
- Dresser with a custom pullout writing desk.
- Hanging locker
- Two opening ports offer extra natural light and ventilation.
- Private access door to Aft Head.
Forward of the Master Stateroom, this varnished cherry finished Head, with molded fiberglass easy to clean sole, also has a white overhead.
There are two solid entrance doors providing simple access: Private from the Master Stateroom and easy access from the Main Cabin area.
Head features include:
- Separate stall shower with teak seat and folding clear plexiglass door.
- Varnished Cherry vanity with Sierra Sandstone Corian countertop.
- Porcelain sink with fixtures and hot and cold pressure water.
- Vacu-flush marine toilet – with 22-gallon holding tank.
- Two (2) Hinckley towel bars.
- Locker and drawer storage under the countertop.
- Locker storage outboard.
- Port with curtain.
- Hella fan.
- Mirror over sink.
To starboard, the U-shaped Galley has a Sierra Eclipse Corian countertop that offers plentiful work space:
- Double stainless sink with hot and cold pressure water.
- Large lift-out hatch top to pot/pan storage.
- Built-in knife rack.
- Force 10 propane 3-burner stove with oven and broiler.
- Storage under the stove.
- Locker storage lockers outboard.
- Spice drawer.
- Glass storage rack.
- Sea Frost large refrigerator with a front-opening door and hatch-top access.
- Sea Frost freezer – countertop hatch-top accessed.
- Additional dish locker storage outboard.
Forward, from the starboard Galley and separated by a shelf-topped half bulkhead is the separate large Nav Station that faces aft. The aft end of the cushioned starboard Salon settee also doubles as the nav seat.
This well-equipped area features:
- Opening cherry Nav desk with chart storage.
- Storage drawers are inboard on the nav desk.
- Electronics and nav instruments.
- Nav area flex chart light.
- Main electrical panel is outboard with smoked plexi-glass doors.
The full-width Main Salon includes a Dinette to port and a Settee/Berth area to starboard.
- 12-volt dome spot lighting with dimmers.
- 12-volt stainless steel bulkhead lighting.
- 12-volt halogen lighting in alcove with dimmers.
Settee – has upholstered backrests:
- Outboard are lockers forward and aft with a center alcove and drawer storage.
- Speakers are located in the alcove area.
U-shaped DINETTE – Opposite to port:
- Varnished custom varnished cherry dining table with center built-in silverware storage.
- Cushioned seating with custom upholstered backrest surrounds the table outboard.
- Liquor storage under a lift-out behind the backrest.
- Outboard lockers forward and aft with center alcove storage.
- Forward locker houses the stereo and DVD equipment – USA and Euro compatible.
- Aft locker includes the pull-out color TV that swivels for easy viewing.
- One locker door houses custom wine glass rack.
Next forward are two Cabins, located port and starboard, with sleeping accommodations for four guests.
Each cabin has:
- Private access to the forward head.
- Overhead hatch – natural light and ventilation.
- Frigast 12-volt stainless steel reading light.
PORT FORWARD CABIN:
- Double berth
- Storage drawers under.
- Small shelf over.
- Hanging locker
- Night stand with drawers.
STARBOARD FORWARD CABIN:
- Upper and lower single berths.
- Dresser forward.
- Large hanging locker.
The Forward Head is finished in easy-to-clean cherry and white Formica and is privately accessed via two aft doors – each from a Guest Cabin. Forward is a watertight bulkhead separating the forepeak from the Forward Head. The sole includes a teak grate.
- Vanity with Sierra Sandstone Corian countertop.
- Porcelain sink with fixtures including pull-out shower head.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Teak shower seat
- Two (2) storage lockers outboard with mirrored sliding doors.
- Two large storage lockers.
- Vacu-flush marine head – with 12-gallon holding tank.
Head amenities include:
- Hinckley custom stainless towel and grab bars.
- Large overhead opening hatch with translucent cover.
- Private entry to port and starboard Guest Cabins.
- Garmin 7612 GPS/Radar – Nav station and with helm repeater
- Standard Horizon Intrepid DSC VHF with cockpit remote.
- Icom MC-710 SSB Radio
- Icom M-58 VHF Radio
- B&G Hydra2 instruments – Wind, Depth, Log with MFD and Analogue repeaters.
- Sirius XM weather
- AIS 600 Collision
- Garmin Autopilot
Separate 12-volt DC systems:
- Two AGM engine start batteries – 900-amp cold-crank start – Engine and generator
- Four AGM house batteries- 760-amp/hrs battery capacity for house accessories
- Separate windlass start battery
- Two separate engine alternators charge batteries
- 12-volt outlet near the cockpit coaming
- Xantrex Link 2000R battery monitor system
110-volt / 220-volt AC System:
- Shore power with 220-volt 50-amp shore cord.
- Heart Freedom 25 inverter with Link 2000.
- 110-volt outlets throughout.
- Iso-transformer – to allow for 220-volt shore power
- Shore cord for cable TV
Generator – 2006 Panda Mini-12 (367.5 hrs Oct 2018)
- Oil transfer pump
(*Engine removed and totally rebuilt 2009) 1996 Yanmar 4JH2-DTE 88-hp diesel engine. 1070-eng/hrs after 2009 rebuild (9/2018). 5549 total hrs on panel (9/2018).
- 2:1 reduction gear transmission:
- Racor fuel filters
- Stainless steel shaft
- Shaft spurs
- Auto-prop propeller
- Max Power VIP-100 bow thruster
Noise insulated engine room:
- Automatic fire control system for engine and generator
- Oil transfer system
- Automatic electric bilge pump
- Ericson safety pump
- Cruise-Air reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning throughout boat (renewed Fall 2018)
- Sea Recovery 600 gal/day watermaker
- Espar D5L heater
- Refrigeration – Battery powered, charged from generator and engine alternator
- Hot water is heated by 110-volt power and the engine when running
- (2) Holding tanks – 12-gallon capacity forwd tank, 22-gallon aft tank
- Trident LPG monitor
SAILS and RIGGING
GALIENE is a stoway, double spreader, cutter-rigged sloop:
- Hall Spars carbon fiber mast with in-mast furling
- Rod rigging
- Carbon-fiber spinnaker pole and extra spinnaker halyard
- Navtec hydraulic vang and backstay
Winches: All Lewmar winches:
- (2) #66 SS-ST electric 2-speed primary winches
- (2) #58 SS-ST self-tailing secondary winches
- Assorted other self-tailing winches
Sails: All North Sails:
- Main Sail – Dimensions Hydranet stowaway (2016)
- 115% Genoa – Dimensions Hydranet radial cut, luff pad and sun shield (2015)
- Gennaker – .75 oz.
- Lewmar Ocean 3 windlass, rope/chain gypsy with drum
- 60# CQR stainless steel anchor
- 37# Fortress anchor
- Large bruce anchor and rode – in stern locker
- 150 ft x 5/16” galvanized chain with 150’ x 5/8” nylon rode
- 20′ x 5/16" galvanized chain with 200′ 5/8 nylon rode for storm anchor
- Anchor snubber
- Passerelle – Teak and stainless steel.
- Folding boarding ladder – with swim ladder extension.
- Masthead TV antenna
- Masthead cell antenna
- Wilson Extended Offshore Liferaft – mounted in canister on cabin top with Beige Sunbrella cover.
- Lensref radar reflector
- MOB equipment with light.
- Varnished teak flag pole with flush mount bracket
- Outboard motor bracket
- Exclusions: Laptop, books, paintings and other personal items on board.
MAJOR REFIT UPGRADES
Work carried out included:
- Upgrading the mast to stowaway carbon fiber
- Hydraulic furling for headsail
- Upgrade of primary winches to electric
- New windlass
- Air conditioning installed
- New awlgrip topsides
- New interior upholstery
- Fitted with bow thruster – Max Power VIP 100 bow thruster
- Fitted with new Iso-transformer for 220V shore power
- New teak deck
- New rod rigging
- Painted boom and spreader
- Serviced Reckmann mainsail and headsail furler
- Removed and totally rebuilt engine
- One new holding tank (aft tank)
- New manoverboard module
- New lifelines
- Replace shelving, added SS rope organizer, and added ladder holder in forepeak locker.
- Rebuilt sail locker panels in starboard sail locker
- New Force 10 3-burner stove with oven/ broiler
- All new propane system
- Navtex vang overhauled
- All new hoses and connections for waste systems
- Replaced Plexiglas on fwd and starboard salon hatches
- Refurbished teak decks -Maintained by burnishing 1-2 a year.
- New Genoa – 115% Radial cut – Dimensions Hydranet w/luff pad and sunshield – from Acadia Sails
- Two New Garmin 7612 plotters, Garmin radar, Garmin autopilot.
- New Fusion stereo
- AIS 600 Collision
- Sirius XM weather
- New lifelines
- New Stoway Mainsail – Dimensions Hydranet – from Acadia Sails
- New folding prop
- Three New fuel tanks – main, port and starboard.
- All new fuel lines and fill hoses.
- New Dodger – Linen Sunbrella – from Acadia Sails
- Cleaned and repainted centerboard
- New updated fire control system for engine and generator
- New Sea Frost refrigeration and freezer system
- Renewed reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning (Fall 2018)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.