Motivated Seller, Bring offers!
The Morris Linda 28 is a timeless classic from the drawing board of Chuck Paine. Renowned for their sailing characteristics, Skimmer is a lovely example of the Linda and she is ready to sail away.
Skimmer has a custom interior layout, offering a more open cabin with excellent light and ventilation. Deck hardware and sailing controls are thoughtfully laid out and allow for simple sail handling. She can be comfortably singlehanded and is also a capable family cruiser.
Skimmer is hull number 15 of the 16 Lindas that were built. The hull and deck were laid up in 1990 and the boat was first launched in 2001 following owner fit out of the interior. This makes her a significantly newer boat than most Linda’s.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Morris Linda 28 2001
- Designer: Chuck Paine
- Location: Tiverton, RI
- Ballast Weight: 3,600 lb
- Displacement Measure: 8,300 lb
- Brand: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 2GM20F
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Hours: 949
- Drive Type: Direct
- Engine Power: 18|horsepower
Hull and Deck
The spacious cockpit includes long bench seats port and starboard, easy access to primary winches and good sightlines forward.
Lazarettes are located under both benches. Propane storage is aft in a ventilated locker.
Leaving the cockpit, the ample side decks are protected by double lifelines while teak handrails on the housetop provide increased security.
The foredeck is spacious for lounging, sail handling or anchoring.
- Solid fiberglass hull
- Full keel, cutaway forefoot, with attached rudder
- 3-blade prop protected in aperture
- White gelcoat topsides with cove stripe
- Red antifouling bottom paint
- White gelcoat cabin top
- Cored fiberglass decks with teak overlay
- High Gloss Varnish on toe rails, companionway hatch (New 2016), cockpit coamings, eyebrows and dorade boxes
- Canvas covers for cockpit / house brightwork (cockpit coaming, handrails, dorade boxes, companionway hatch)
- 9 stainless steel opening portlights
- Overhead hatch on cabin trunk over v-berth
- Fairclough winter cover with frame
- Tiller steering with new tiller handle 2015
- 25 lb CQR anchor on stemhead roller; chain and rope rode
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and stanchions with double lifelines
Stepping from the cockpit down the companionway steps brings you into the warm and bright interior.
Immediately to port is the quarter berth.
To starboard is the enclosed head with manual toilet, sink and vanity mirror.
Forward to starboard is the galley with sink, propane stove / oven and ice box.
Moving forward into the saloon are settees port and starboard with the port side being a full-length sea berth.
9 stainless steel opening port lights and 1 overhead hatch provide exceptional light and ventilation.
In front of the saloon settees, separated by a partial bulkhead is the full-sized V-Berth. The open interior allows sightlines from companionway to v-berth and gives the sense of a much larger yacht.
Anchor locker access is via a hatch at the foot of the V berth.
- Yanmar 2GM20F, 18 hp marine diesel engine with 949 hrs
- Racor Fuel Filter, Yanmar secondary fuel filter
- PSS Dripless Shaft Seal installed 2014
- Water pressure system
- Propane Stove with switched solenoid
- Auto / Manual Electric Bilge Pump
- Manual Hand bilge pump
- Manual Marine Toilet with plastic holding tank
- Holding Tank macerator pump
- Mermaid Air Conditioner (shore power only)
Rigging and Sailing Equipment
- Selden anodized aluminum keel stepped mast, Selden anodized aluminum boom
- Selden Rodkicker vang
- Furlex genoa furler
- 1 main, 1 genoa, 1 cruising spinnaker
- 1×19 stainless steel wire standing rigging
- 2x Anderson ST #12 winches
- 2x Anderson ST #40 winches
Electrical and Electronics
- Guest Charge Pro shore power charger, three stage, 10 amp, 12v DC
- 12v engine alternator
- 3x Group 27 batteries
- 12v DC service plus 110v AC shore power
- Spreader lights
- Standard Horizon VHF with full function cockpit RAM Mic
- Raytheon tiller pilot with dedicated storage
- Raytheon RC320 LCD Plotter
- Raytheon ST40 Bi-Date Speed / Depth
- Raytheon ST40 AWI / Wind Speed
- Jensen MD C5110 AM/FM/CD
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.