ZOE MARY is an excellent example of the elegant simplicity that has made the M36 the most popular model built by Morris Yachts and perhaps the perfect daysailer. Blending traditional aesthetics with modern materials and naval architecture and heirloom quality craftsmanship, the M36 is designed to be easily handled by one person while providing a large, comfortable cockpit for family and friends. Down below, a simple open interior includes everything needed for an overnight with an enclosed head, basic galley and a large double berth forward and two full length settees.
ZOE MARY has been used summers in Maine and has been kept inside heated storage off season and professionally cared since new. She has a new engine and a full winter storage and service package has been paid for so her price includes launching and full commissioning in Southwest Harbor in the spring.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Morris M36 2007
- Builder: Morris Yachts
- Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
- Location: Southwest Harbor, ME
- Brand: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 3YM20C
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Hours: 50
- Drive Type: Sail
- Engine Power: 21|horsepower
Hull and Deck Construction
- Composite hull with Vinylester resin throughout and Corecell core.
- Longitudinal stringers and transverse keel floors
- Fiberglass engine bed
- Awlgrip Morris Green hull
- Single Awlgrip “Cream” boot stripe
- Awlgrip Gold Leaf w/clear coat cove stripe
- Black bottom paint
- Marine plywood structural bulkheads glassed to hull and deck
- Externally fastened lead keel
- Manually consolidated Polyester deck with vacuum-bagged Core-Cell foam core.
- Core removed in areas of deck hardware and through hull fittings.
- Quarter sawn teak decking on cockpit sole.
- Quarter sawn teak decking on cockpit seats and side decks
- “Oyster White” gelcoat with “Light tan” nonskid
- Varnished teak toe rail and coaming cap, eyebrow, handrails and dorade boxes
- Custom cast SS bow and stern chocks that integrate beautifully with the teak toe rail
- Midship toe rails chocks and folding cleats
- SS deck plates and latches
- Stainless Steel bow and stern rails with removable stanchions and single lifeline with gates port and starboard
- Forepeak storage area for anchor, lines and fenders with flush deck fiberglass hatch
- Stainless steel folding boarding ladder with storage in forepeak locker
- Large stainless deck hatch in foredeck
- Three large fixed portlight on each side of cabin
The cockpit on the M36 is the focal point of the boat and is set up to comfortably sail with family and friends with over six foot settees port and starboard. All control lines have been led aft under decks to two electric, self-tailing winches on either side of the helm in easy reach from the wheel, allowing the boat to be simple single handed sailing while still allowing guests to participate if desired. Two long settees forward of the wheel provide seating for six adults and are long enough for a nap. Hatches in the settees provide access to large sail lockers and systems below.
- Teak decking on cockpit sole and cockpit seats
- Varnished teak pedestal table with folding leaves
- Varnished 34” teak rimmed steering wheel.
- Saloon style companionway doors and storage bag in cockpit locker
- (2) SS cup holders in cockpit winch pods
- (2) custom SS Morris cup holders mounted to helm guard
- Cockpit seat cushions – Delaney & Long fabric, “Splash Olive with Sea Sand – Olive cording”.
- All sail control lines led under deck through rope clutches at helm to electric Lewmar self-tailing winches
- Boom light with dimmer
- Custom longer varnished teak pedestal table with folding leaves and storage bag (also mounts below in main cabin).
- 6” Alpine waterproof speakers
- Removable dodger with stainless steel handrail mounted to aft bow and roll up center window for ventilation
- Cockpit drainage meets the minimum requirements of ORC Category 2 and CE Category B.
Although most passengers will spend more time on deck than below, the warm interior is beautifully finished off and provides two full length settees, a double berth forward, an enclosed head and a simple galley – a comfortable place to get out of the sun or unexpected weather or to spend a night aboard.
- All interior joinery is Herreshoff style with white bulkheads and gloss varnished mahogany trim, except the head, which is trimmed in oiled teak.
- Interior cushions (Delaney & Long fabric, “Dinghy Olive with Ripple Olive piping”)
- Custom v-berth layout with varnished trim, mahogany hull sheathing, soft Majilite overhead liner and skyscreen.
- (2) custom mahogany trimmed shelves running full length of berth
- Custom tee-shaped bulkhead opening at aft end of Vee berth.
- Isotherm 1.45 CUFT top loading 12VDC refrigerator with SS liner
- Origo portable single burner alcohol stove
- Corian counter top
- Mirror-polished SS sink
- Manual pump galley faucet, Fynspray model WS-60.
- Garbage bin
- Drawers under counter with additional storage in lockers outboard and under the counter
- Raritan PHII manual marine toilet
- Corian counter top with mirror-polished SS sink
- Fynspray model WS-60 chrome plated manual pump faucet
- High grade glass mirror with frame on forward bulkhead
- (2) SS 3” cowl vents on varnished teak dorade boxes
- Solar vent on the cabin top above the head compartment
- (5) Frigast “Cabin” wall-mounted chrome cabin lights with integral switches
- (1) Imtra SS dome cabin lights with integral switch in head
- (1) Imtra SS red/white dome light with integral switch in galley
Windows, Ports & Hatches:
- Deckhouse portlights are toughened safety glass, frameless installation
- Forward stainless steel cabin hatch is Bomar.
- Foredeck and cockpit hatches are flush fiberglass.
- Saloon style removable companionway doors with storage bag in cockpit locker.
- Additional set of companionway doors with screens
Electronics, Communication and Navigation
- Raymarine ST60 speed, depth & wind instruments with Tridata and analog wind displays
- ICOM IC-M422 waterproof VHF Radio w/ additional cockpit-mounted Command Microphone
- Raymarine C80 color GPS/Chart Plotter/Radar at pedestal
- Raymarine 2KW radar antenna mounted on Kato stainless steel fixed mast bracket
- Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot
- Ritchie 5” compass
- Perko bicolor bow light with chrome plated brass housing
- Perko transom stern light with chrome plated brass housing
- Alpine AM/FM stereo CD player & speakers mounted in main cabin. IPOD compatible
- Alpine waterproof cockpit speakers
- (2) 12VDC Mastervolt AGM house batteries
- Optima 1000M 60 Amp engine start battery
- Mastervolt 90 Amp/12VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging
- Mastervolt 12 VDC distribution panel
- Solar panel with regulator
- 12v outlet at electrical panel
- 20-gallon Polyethylene waste holding tank with gravity drain to seacock
- Snake River external tank level monitor
- 20-gallon PVC fresh water tank w/deck filler cap
- Whale diaphragm 12VDC bilge pump with removable strainer
- Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump located near helm in cockpit
- Edson wire rope/chain steering system with 34” varnished teak rim wheel
- Carbon fiber/epoxy rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost
- (2) Self-aligning rudder bearings and adjustable lip seal
- 2017 Yanmar 3YM20 x SD Saildrive unit, 3-cylinder, direct-injected, fresh water-cooled marine diesel engine, maximum 21 hp @3600 RPM. (NEW 2018 – under 50 hours!)
- Flex-O-Fold 16” two blade propeller
- Fiberglass engine mount
- Yanmar instrument panel at the helm, includes ignition power, start button, stop button, audible alarms for cooling water high temperature and low lube oil pressure, and tachometer with illumination switch.
- Edson single lever throttle with neutral safety switch located on the pedestal.
- Engine box is fitted with Soundown Vinyl/Foam composite noise reduction insulation.
- Racor model #220 spin-on fuel/water separator
- Algae-X fuel conditioner
- 20-gallon aluminum fuel tank w/deck filler cap
Spars and Rigging
- Carbon fiber mast and aluminum boom by Hall Spars
- Fractional rig with swept back spreaders
- Leisurefurl main sail furling boom (furling line led back to helm)
- Self-tacking jib on athwartships curved track
- Harken MKIV 2 manual headsail furling unit
- Standing rigging is Navtec SS rod
- Navtec integral hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Forespar vang
- Running rigging is low-stretch New England Rope
- Topping lift
- Spinnaker halyard
- Removable stand up blocks for spinnaker sheets
- (2) Lewmar 40 electric two speed chrome self-tailing winches for main halyard, main furling line, main sheet, jib sheet, jib furling line and vang
- Lewmar rope clutches at helm for lines to electric winches
- (2) Lewmar 40 two speed chrome self-tailing winches for spinnaker sheets
- (1) Lewmar 16 two speed chrome self-tailing winch on mast
Sail inventory is by North Sails and includes the following:
- Full Batten Soft Norlam Mainsail
- Dacron Furling Jib
Anchoring and Mooring
- Bruce 22 lb. anchor w/ 100’ Yale Brite Nylon rope, 6’ of chain
- Dock lines and Fenders (w/fleece covers)
- Aluminum boat hook
- Emergency tiller
- (2) Kidde Mariner 110 portable dry chemical fire extinguishers
- Engine compartment “Fire Port”
- Tool kit, Flare kit and Air Horn
- (4) Adult Type II life jackets with storage bag
- USCG Rules of the Road
- Emergency boarding ladder
- Canvas pedestal and wheel cover
- Varnished teak flagstaff and flag with SS socket welded to the backstay chainplate
- 2-pc SS midship folding ladder w/PVC treads
- Boat manuals
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.