SECONDARY PROTOCOL is a beautiful example of the Sparkman & Stevens designed Morris M36 Daysailer. One of the last designs that Olin Stephens worked on, the M36 is the epitome of elegant simplicity with a graceful combination of classic lines and modern design and boat building. All control lines are led under deck to two electric winches at the helm, allowing the boat to be easily sailed by one person without ever leaving the wheel while the large open cockpit with over six foot seats provide plenty of room for family and friends. A North Sails Quick Cover integrated with the lazyjacks and a self-tacking roller furled jib make setting sail quick and easy.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Morris M36 Daysailer 2006
- Builder: Morris Yachts
- Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
- Location: Southwest Harbor, ME
- Brand: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 3YM20C diesel
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Hours: 375
- Drive Type: Sail
- Engine Power: 21|horsepower
SECONDARY PROTOCOL was customized by her owner during the build process to include upgraded electronics, teak decks, the desirable V-berth layout below, electric winches and much more. She is for sale by her second owner who has enjoyed using her lightly and has kept her professionally maintained and did several upgrades, including new Awlgrip hull paint in 2019. She is stored inside a heated building with a full winter
HULL and DECK
- Composite Vinylester hull and deck with core-cell core.
- Hull: Flag Blue Awlgrip, Single White boot stripe and Cordova Gold cove stripe (2019)
- White decks with tan nonskid.
- Red bottom paint.
- Fin keel with bulb
- Rudder: Carbon fiber/epoxy spade rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost.
- Varnished teak toe rails, coaming cap, and eyebrow.
- Varnished teak handrails on cabin top.
- (2) 3” stainless steel cowl vents on varnished teak dorade boxes.
- Teak decking – on side decks and cockpit sole
- Optional midship port & starboard stainless steel toe rail chocks with 6” stainless steel folding cleats.
- Teak decking on cockpit sole.
- Cockpit seat cushions with optional backrest cushions. Fabric is Delaney & Long “Ripple-Navy” with “Sea Sand-Navy” piping.
- Varnished removable saloon-style companionway doors with storage bag in cockpit locker.
- Varnished teak-clad sea hood (please note sailing photos taken prior to installation of teak sea hood).
- (2) Electric Lewmar #40 winches
- Edson steering pedestal with integrated engine controls, engine gauges and helm guard.
- Varnished teak steering wheel.
- (6) Lewmar rope clutches leading all sail control lines to winches at the helm.
- Stainless steel recessed drink holders in cockpit winch pods
- Steering – Edson wire rope/chain steering system, carbon fiber rudderpost to spade rudder.
- 12-volt outlet
- Custom Morris instrument panel at the helm including Faria gauges with SS bezels, ignition switch, start and stop buttons and audible alarms.
- Morse single-lever throttle with neutral safety switch mounted on pedestal.
While the emphasis of the M36 is the comfortable cockpit and ease of sailing, a simple and open interior provides everything needed for a weekend away. There is an enclosed Head to port and a simple Galley to starboard complete with DC refrigeration, polished stainless steel sink undermounted in a Corian counter, fresh water hand pump and storage in lockers and drawers. Forward of the head and galley are two settees over six feet in length, comfortable for sitting or napping. A large v-berth opens up just past twin end table lockers or from an oversized deck hatch which provides ample light and ventilation.
- Herreshoff-style with white bulkheads and gloss varnished mahogany trim.
- Two six-foot long settee berths finished with Delaney & Long “Dinghy-Navy” with “Ripple-Navy piping”.
- Twin end table lockers are forward of the settees.
- Large forward v-berth with gloss varnished mahogany trim and sheathing.
- V-berth upholstered with Delaney & Long “Dinghy-Navy” with “Ripple-Navy” piping
- Full-length shelves on sheathing above v-berth
- Two drawers in aft-face of v-berth for additional storage.
- Alpine AM/FM/CD player – with speakers in main cabin and cockpit.
Aft, located to starboard directly below the companionway, the Galley is equipped with:
- Isotherm1.45 CUFT DC refrigerator with stainless steel liner.
- Corian countertop.
- Deep, mirror polished stainless steel sink.
- Freshwater hand pump.
- Garbage bin.
- Varnished mahogany lockers and drawers.
HEAD: Aft to port (opposite galley) behind a cherry-paneled door:
- Vacuflush model 506 electric toilet (uses fresh water).
- Corian countertop with round, mirror-polished stainless steel sink and storage space for assorted toiletries.
- Fynspray freshwater hand pump.
- Vanity and head trim is oiled teak
- Overhead dome light
- Solar powered stainless steel overhead air vent
- Teak-framed mirror on forward bulkhead
- (2) Stainless steel 3” cowl vents on varnished teak dorade boxes.
- Stainless steel, solar powered air vent on the cabin top above the head compartment.
- Large stainless steel deck hatch over v-berth.
- 12v fans mounted on forward bulkhead port and starboard.
- (5) Ocean Frigast wall-mounted stainless steel reading lights with integral switches
- (2) Stainless steel dome cabin lights with integral switches.
- Stainless steel red/white dome light with integral switch over galley.
Windows, Ports & Hatches:
- Deckhouse portlights are toughened safety glass, frameless installation.
- Forward cabin hatch is stainless steel.
- Foredeck and cockpit hatches are flush fiberglass.
- Saloon-style, removable companionway doors with storage bag in cockpit locker.
SAILS and RIGGING
- Carbon fiber mast and aluminum boom – by Hall Spars (Awlgripped).
- Fractional rig with swept-back spreaders.
- Antal size40 mainsail luff track.
- Navtec stainless steel rod standing rigging.
- New England Ropes low-stretch running rigging.
- Hall QuickVang (vang line run underdeck to winch at helm).
- Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster (adjustable from helm).
- (2) Electric Lewmar #40 winches – cockpit
- (2) Lewmar #40 self-tailing winches for spinnaker
- Lewmar #40 CCST winch – on mast
- Main – North Sails – full-batten with single slab reef (Both main halyard and reef line run underdeck to winch at helm, lazy jacks, and North Quick Cover.
- Jib – North Sails – self-tacking with Harken furler (both jib sheet and furler line run underdeck to winch at helm).
- Gennaker – North Sails – G-0 gennaker with Profurl EC1500 hoistable furler (includes Lewmar 40CCST winch on mast, spinnaker halyard, sheets, furling line).
- Two 12VDC Lifeline AGM house batteries.
- One Optima engine start battery.
- Mastervolt 60-Amp/12VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging.
- Mastervolt DC distribution panel.
- 12v outlet at electrical panel and at cockpit pedestal
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- ICOM IC-M422 waterproof VHF Radio with additional cockpit-mounted Command Microphone.
- Upgraded Raymarine C80 8” color GPS/Radar display mounted on the pedestal guard at the helm.
- Upgraded Raymarine 2kW radar antenna mounted on mast (painted to match spar)
- Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot with control panel mounted on cockpit coaming.
- Raymarine ST60 Speed, Depth, & Wind instruments with Tridata and analog wind displays.
- No-strike lightning arrestor at masthead.
- Ritchie 5” compass.
- Alpine AM/FM/CD player with speakers in main cabin and cockpit.
- Yanmar 3YM20C 21-hp with SD Sail drive unit: 3-cylinder, direct injected, freshwater-cooled marine diesel.
- Sail drive diaphragm replaced 2019
- Custom Morris instrument panel at the helm, includes ignition power, start button, stop button, audible alarms for cooling water high temperature and low lube oil pressure, and tachometer with illumination switch.
- Single lever throttle with neutral safety switch located on the pedestal.
- Racor #220 spin-on fuel/water separator.
- Engine box is fitted with Soundown Vinyl/Foam composite noise reduction insulation.
- Flex-O-Fold 16” two-blade propeller.
- 20-gallon polyethylene holding tank and external tank level monitor.
- 20-gallon PVC fresh water tank w/deck filler cap
- Whale diaphragm 12VDC bilge pump with removable strainer
- Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump located near helm in cockpit
- Edson wire rope/chain steering system with 34” varnished teak rim wheel
- Carbon fiber/epoxy rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost
- (2) Self-aligning rudder bearings and adjustable lip seal (seal replaced 2019)
- Emergency tiller.
- Whale Gusher10 manual bilge pump (helm).
- Jabsco diaphragm 12-volt bilge pump with removable strainer.
- (2) Dry chemical fire extinguishers.
- Carbon Monoxide detector (2019)
- Bruce anchor+ 100 ft x ½” nylon anchor rode with 6 ft x 5/16” chain.
- Lines and fenders with fleece covers.
- Boat hook.
- Varnished teak flag staff with ensign.
- Swim ladder – Removable two piece folding stainless steel swim ladder
- Sunbrella cover for steering pedestal and wheel
- Chelsea clock & barometer – installed in main cabin
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.