PARAMOUR, hull number 14, is a very special boat and a very special opportunity for someone who wants a boat that is “just right”. She was the last boat that Tom Morris had built for himself. Tom’s boat building expertise, which was honed over many years, culminated on this project. Given the choice to build anything, Tom chose an M42.
Like all the M-series, she is an absolute joy to sail. She was built by the Morris crew, who took great pride in making this boat perfect for Tom. She is extremely well thought out and appointed with many custom touches.
Paramour has all of the “Gear” you’d expect on a M42, electric primaries, Leisure Furl boom, self tacking jib and top end electronics she also features a very cool, custom stainless steel framed bimini over the cockpit with a folding bimini over the helm.
She has been kept indoors every winter and stored in a heated shed at Dodson’s boatyard since 2016. Paramour has always been maintained to the highest standards.
Recent $50,000.00 price reduction
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Morris M42 2008
- Builder: Morris Yachts
- Location: Stonington, CT
- Brand: Yanmar
- Engine Model: Yanmar 3JH4E
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Drive Type: Sail
- Engine Power: 39|horsepower
- Main Salon
A comfortable, spacious interior with full standing headroom, finished in classic Herreshoff style with antique white bulkheads and gloss varnished cherry joinery. The cabin sides are satin varnished cherry and the cabin top is finished with white painted wood sheathing overhead. Teak cockpit sole with satin varnish. The port and starboard settees are designed for comfortable lounging or sleeping. The cherry drop-leaf table incorporates liquor storage and invites gracious dining. A modern butterfly-style hatch above the dining table and eight large fixed portlights provide great natural lighting and ventilation.
Twin end tables with storage lockers below and lockers with shelves outboard are built in at the forward end of the settees. A hanging locker forward of the head and lockers outboard at the forward and aft end of the settees provide additional storage. Open shelves outboard at the center point of the settees provide space for books, etc. The forward cabin provides a queen size berth, full length shelves, and two large drop fronts to access the space under the berth. A large overhead hatch and two 4 SS dorade vents provide great natural light and ventilation. Custom louvered doors on most storage lockers.
- Located aft to starboard.
- Isotherm top loading 12VDC refrigerator with stainless steel liner and wire basket.
- Force 10 two burner propane stove with thermostat controlled oven on a gimbal mount.
- Corian countertop.
- Mirror-polished stainless steel sink with chrome single lever mixer faucet.
- Garbage bin.
- (4) Place settings of Morris Yachts china.
- Located aft to port.
- Varnished cherry counter top with SS oval sink and single lever faucet.
- Scandvik mixer valve with wall mount shower head.
- Molded fiberglass floor pan with integral shower sump and electric drain pump.
- Swing-out shower enclosure.
- Mirror with frame on forward bulkhead.
- Custom louvered sliding storage doors.
Hull and Deck
- Manually consolidated composite hull with Vinylester resin and vacuum bagged Core-Cell core.
- Awlgrip Morris Blue
- Composite longitudinal stringers and transverse keel floors.
- Manually consolidated composite deck and superstructure with Vinylester resin and Core-Cell core.
- High density core replaces the standard core in areas of deck hardware and through hull fittings.
- Quarter sawn teak decking on cockpit sole.
- High performance bulbed keel with shoal draft option.
- Removable stanchions with single lifeline and gates port and starboard.
All sheets, main halyard, jib furling line, main furling line, and vang control lines are led below deck to rope clutches and electric winches located at control pods in the cockpit within easy reach of the helmsperson. Forward of the control pods are spacious port and starboard cockpit seats. The seats are over six feet in length and comfortably suitable for seating six adults or taking a nap. Hatches on all three cockpit seats allow access to below-decks storage (dome lights in port and starboard lockers). Varnished teak drop leaf table permanently fixed to the cockpit sole (with cover).
- Dodger with ss bows and aft welded handrail and removable side handrails (all with elkhide covers) and zip-on canvas wings for offshore sailing. Includes filler piece to the cockpit bimini.
- Custom fixed stainless steel cockpit bimini
- Helmsman bimini with folding bows.
- Teak cockpit table
- foot block below cockpit table.
- Teak foot block for helmsman.
- Varnished teak steering wheel .
- Covers for pedestal, GPS, and wheel.
- Cover for cockpit table
- Varnished teak on coaming cap.
- Custom stainless steel drink holders on pedestal guard rail.
- Cockpit boom light (w/dimmer).
- Two sets of saloon style removable companionway doors (solid and screens).
Electronics, Communication and Navigation
- ICOM IC-M422 waterproof VHF Radio w/ additional cockpit-mounted Command Microphone.
- Raymarine ST60 displays (3) for speed, depth and wind mounted on the seahood.
- Raymarine e125 color radar/chart plotter display (helm) with 18" dome. (New 2014)
- AIS system. (New 2014)
- Raymarine ST6001 S1G Autopilot w/gyro compass core pack.
- Raymarine S100 wireless hand held remote for autopilot.
- Clarion AM/FM stereo receiver and CD player with two six inch speakers.
- Ritchie 5” pedestal mount compass with polished SS cover.
- Perko bicolor bow light and transom stern light
- Aquasignal tri-color masthead light (LED), & combo steaming/deck flood light.
- Yanmar 3JH4E x SD Saildrive unit, 39HP FWC marine diesel engine.
- Flex-O-Fold 16″ two blade propeller..
- Morris custom instrument panel at the helm
- Faria gauges with SS bezels.
- Audible alarms for cooling water, high temperature, low lube oil pressure, and Saildrive water flow.
- Tachometer with hour meter.
- Illumination switch.
- Morse single lever throttle located on the pedestal.
- Engine box is fitted with Soundown Vinyl/Foam composite noise reduction insulation.
- Yanmar spares kit and service manual.
- Racor model #220 spin-on fuel/water separator.
- Cruz-Pro tank gauge.
- Espar D4 Airtronic diesel heater with two vents.
- 68-gallon fresh water capacity (with extra water tank)
- SS deck fill.
- ShurFlo pressure water system pump.
- 6 gallon SS water heater plumbed to engine heat exchanger and 110VAC.
- Whale water system filter.
- Multi-tank gauge system.
- SS foredeck and cabin top hatches.
- Diaphragm 12VDC bilge pump with removable strainer.
- Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump located near helm in cockpit.
- Edson wire rope/chain steering system.
- Carbon fiber/epoxy rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost.
- Emergency tiller.
- Kidde Mariner 110 portable dry chemical fire extinguishers (3).
- Engine compartment fire port.
- Wooden plugs for each thruhulls.
- Tecma macerating marine toilet.
- 20-gallon Polyethylene waste holding tank with gravity drain to seacock for overboard discharge.
- Snake River external tank level monitor.
- Electric remote controlled seacock for holding tank discharge (switch and LED mounted in the head).
- (2) Stainless steel 4 cowl vents mounted on varnished teak dorade boxes.
Spars and Rigging
- Carbon fiber mast by Hall Spars.
- Forespar Leisurefurl in-boom mainsail furling system.
- Fractional rig with swept back spreaders.
- Antal mainsail luff track.
- Self-tacking jib on athwartships curved track.
- Schaefer 2100 manual headsail furling system.
- Standing rigging is Navtec stainless steel rod.
- Navtech integral hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Hall Quick-Vang
- Running rigging is low-stretch New England Rope.
- Lewmar rope clutches.
- Lewmar 50 CCEST electric self-tailing primary winches.
- Lewmar 44 CCST manual secondary winches.
- Lewmar 30CCST on mast.
Anchoring and Mooring
- Delta 35 lb anchor w/150? nylon, 15? of chain.
- Anchor deployment system w/manually rotating arm and integral anchor roller in foredeck locker.
- Lewmar V2 SS windlass with rope/chain gypsy.
- Salt water wash-down system with SS spigot located in the anchor locker.
- Docking Lines and Fenders (with fleece covers)
- Aluminum boat hook
- New interior cushions (2019)
- Sunbrella cockpit seat cushions.
- Varnished teak flagstaff and flag.
- Custom BBQ mount to fit flag socket.
- Ocean-Air Skyscreens on overhead hatches.
- Canvas dorade box covers.
- Canvas cover for cabin sole (two piece).
- Two piece SS folding swim ladder.
- Wichard folding padeys on foredeck for dinghy storage.
- Tool kit, spare bulbs & fuses
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Morris Yachts M42 developed out of the tremendous success of her smaller sister, the M36. Retaining all of the great ease of handling features and classic beauty of the M36, the M42 provides greater interior volume for more luxurious accommodations below and an even larger cockpit with more generous seating. Morris Yachts and the legendary design firm Sparkman and Stephens have once again teamed up to produce a yacht of lasting beauty ? a yacht that will grace any harbor and provide her owner with pride of ownership for many years.
"Paramour". has had three proud owners, She was built for Tom Morris to his exacting specifications, the second owner continued to keep her in New England and stored indoors for the winters at the Morris Yard in Maine.
The current owner keeps her in Sag Harbor, NY and stores in a heated shed at Dodson’s Boatyard in CT for the winters.
She has been gently sailed her entire life and has alway seen the highest level of maintenance.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.