SELKIE was the overall winner of the Marion – Bermuda race in 2017 and placed 2nd in the cruising division in the Newport – Bermuda race in 2018. She was designed with a Scheel keel for moderate draft and a unique balanced skeg hung rudder that provides responsiveness under sail or motor and allows her to sail remarkably close to the wind. Below decks, a simple and elegant interior provides berths for up to six with a single full beam head and a well thought out galley. She is for sale from her third owner who has enjoyed sailing her in New England and in the Bermuda race. SELKIE has been extremely well maintained and extensively upgraded for both ocean racing and coastal cruising and is in excellent condition for both.
The Morris 32 was the sixth collaboration between Chuck Paine and Morris Yachts and combines a traditional aesthetic with more advanced underbody and rig design and a moderate displacement to produce a surprisingly responsive boat to sail. In the words of Cruising World: “Consistently the Morris 32 projects the image of a boat of manageable size with the soul of a larger yacht. As such, it comes close to an ideal design for one to four person cruising, and it is an exciting and satisfying boat to sail.”
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Morris Ocean Series 32 1988
- Builder: Morris Yachts
- Designer: Chuck Paine
- Location: New Bedford, MA
- Ballast Weight: 4,670 lb
- Bridge Clearance: 50 ft
- Displacement Measure: 11,400 lb
- Brand: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 3MY30
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Hours: 135
- Drive Type: Direct
- Engine Power: 29|horsepower
SELKIE has benefited from extensive upgrades by her current owner including since 2016:
- New Yanmar engine
- New B&G/Simrad/Icom electronics
- New Awlgrip on topsides
- New water pumps
- New Force 10 stove
- New Head and hoses
- New standing and running rigging and headsail furler
- New North sails
- Solid hand laid fiberglass hull with Vinylester resin.
- Deck is thru-bolted and glued to a wide hull flange.
- Additional reinforced fiberglass in longitudinal stringers, keel, and mast step areas.
- Moderate draft performance Scheel keel.
- Skeg hung rudder with aperture.
- Teak rubrail with stainless steel chafe strip
- Dark blue Awlgrip with single white boot strip (2016)
- Gold cove stripe
- Green bottom
- Cored decks with solid fiberglass in areas of fittings and thru-bolted hardware.
- White gel coated decks with light sand beige gel coated non-skid.
- Varnished teak coaming caps, eyebrows, dorade box, trunk cabin handrails and toe rails.
- Fiberglass seahood protects companionway varnished teak and Lexan sliding hatch.
- Ventilation from overhead dorade vent in galley.
- Custom bow and stern pulpits and double lifelines with gates (port and starboard).
- Lifelines replaced 2015
- Custom stern seats built into stern pulpit port and starboard
- Polished stainless steel custom anchor roller with bow chocks and foredeck cleat.
- Optional custom cast mid-ship cleats/chocks integrated into toe rails.
- Oversized Herreshoff style stainless steel bow cleat for anchor/mooring
- (2) Herreshoff style bow cleats and stern cleats
- Ensign socket at stern rail.
- Nine opening portlights with screens.
- Two large overhead Bomar hatches painted white to match deck. Hatches can be hinged to open forward or aft
- A large T shaped cockpit with ergonomically angled coamings and cabin back.
- Winch pockets in coamings for storage
- Large opening watertight hatches with gutters and latches provide access to sail locker and lazarette storage.
- Varnished teak tiller with tiller extension
- Teak framed companionway with varnished teak dropboards and translucent sliding hatch cover
- Replacement drop board with screen
- Dodger with stainless steel frame and elkhide covered aft grab rail.
- Cockpit seat cushions
- Instruments, compass and chartplotter mounted in forward bulkhead for excellent visibility underway and under cover of the dodger
The interior is light and spacious w/ white laminate trimmed with oiled teak. Nine opening ports, a dorade and two overhead hatches provide abundant natural light and ventilation. The solid plank teak cabin sole has lift outs where needed to access systems below and the white laminate overhead contributes the bright open feel of the interior.
At the base of the companionway to port is the simple, well-equipped galley. Opposite the galley to starboard is the nav station, which is at the forward end of a quarterberth. Forward of the galley is an L-shaped settee that pulls out to make a double berth with a settee opposite providing another single berth when needed. A fold-down table w/extension leaf stows on the forward bulkhead to port of the keel-stepped mast. The full width head is located forward of the mast and includes a toilet, sink (w/ Hot and cold water) and hanging locker. The V-berth is located forward of the head and shower and includes abundant storage.
- White laminate counters with varnished mahogany fiddles
- Custom stainless steel sink with stainless area for drying rack
- Woodend cutting board insert over sink
- Fresh and salt water manual foot pumps (new 2019)
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Gimbaled two burner Force 10 propane stove with oven and crash bar (new 2016)
- Custom dish storage along aft bulkhead
- Insulated ice box with 12v cold plate refrigeration
- Abundant storage in lockers outboard and in drawers and lockers under counter
- 12v and 110v outlets and USB ports
- Nav desk with white laminate top and varnished teak trim
- Desk top lifts up for access to storage inside
- Additional storage in drawers under desk
- Flexible chart light and overhead dome light
- Nav seat is forward end of quarterberth
- Overhead full length handrails port and starboard provide sturdy handholds underway
- Stainless Frigast bulkhead mounted reading lights
- Storage in lockers outboard at either end of settees and in shelf between
- L-shaped settee to port pulls out to convert to double berth
- Abundant natural ventilation from opening overhead hatch and portlights
- Folding drop leaf table mounted to forward bulkhead
- Lee cloths for both settees
- The full beam head is located between the main cabin and forward cabin and is accessed through oval doors
- White laminate counter with oval stainless steel sink to starboard with storage outboard and below
- Scandvik hot/cold faucet pulls out for shower
- Manual fresh water faucet
- Soap dispenser
- Raritan PHII Manual toilet to port (new 2019)
- New premium head hoses (2020)
- Y-valve for head discharge to holding tank or overboard
- Opening portlights port and starboard provide ventilation and light
- Mirror mounted next to portlight above sink
- Additional storage in lockers outboard and under counter and in hanging locker outboard of head to port
- V-berth forward with insert to use as a double berth
- Shelves above berth port and starboard
- Large overhead opening hatch and three opening portlights let in natural light and ventilation
- Access to forepeak and chain locker through forward bulkhead
- Stainless Frigast bulkhead mounted reading lights
- 2019 Yanmar 3YM30 29 hp diesel
- 1” propeller shaft with 3-bladed 15” feathering Max Prop propeller
- Dripless shaft seal
- 125 amp alternator
- New fuel hoses for engine 2019
- Propane monitor and remote valve control
- Dedicated propane locker with two aluminum propane tanks
- 24 gallon aluminum fuel tank
- (2) 35 gallon fresh water bladder tanks (70 gallon total)
- Jabsco Par-Max fresh water pump with pressure tank (2022)
- 35 gallon bladder holding tank (cleaned and new hoses in 2020) with overboard discharge pump and deck pumpout
- Hot water tank heated by engine and shore power
- Adler Barbour ColdMachine 12v air cooled fridge system
- Electric bilge pump with automatic float switch (2019)
- Electric alarm indicator for bilge pump operation (2019)
- 12v and 110v electrical system with Blue Seas 360 electrical panel with AC and DC breakers and DC voltmeter (panel new 2018)
- Electrical panel hinges down for easy access to wiring
- (4) Group 31 batteries in two house banks (New 2022)
- (1) Group 31 starting battery (new 2022)
- 110v and 12v USB ports
- 30A shore connection with shore cord
- Battery charger (new 2016)
- Removable electrical panel with Victron BlueSolar charge controller
ELECTRONICS & NAVAGATION:
- B&G Zeus 3 9” chartplotter display (2020) with AIS (2018)
- Simrad Halo 20+ radome integrated into chartplotter (2020)
- Icom M424G VHFVHF (2018)
- Icom HM195B Command Mic IV in cockpit (2016)
- B&G wind, speed and depth displays (2021)
- New B&G SW310 anemometer (2022)
- Simrad TP32 tiller pilot (2019) with 2 spares
- Offshore satellite phone antenna
- Alpine AM/FM/CD player with Bose 131 speakers in main cabin
SPARS & RIGGING
- Aluminum single spreader mast
- Wire 1X19 standing rigging (new 2016)
- New running rigging 2016
- Removable inner forestay with stainless steel tracks and blocks
- Aluminum boom
- Hall rigid quick vang
- Harken traveler system forward of companionway on custom stainless steel base
- Harken manual headsail furler (2019)
- Sailtec hydraulic backstay adjuster (rebuilt 2022)
- Adjustable jib sheet cars on genoa track
- (2) Barient 22 self-tailing primaries
- Lewmar 30 self-tailing main sheet winch
- Barient 17 self-tailing winch to port of companionway
- Barient 10 halyard winch on mast
- Barient 8P reefing winch on mast
- 2022 North Full Batten Mainsail 3Di Ocean 330 (NorDac) White, 3 reefs
- 2021 North 130% AP Race Genoa 3Di Ocean 330 (NorDac) White
- 2018 North High Vis Orange Polyester Storm Trysail
- 2018 North A2 Asymmetric Spinnaker AIRX 500 Nylon (light)
- 2017 North Full Batten Mainsail 7.0 oz. NorLam Tour
- 2017 North 130% Furling Genoa 7.0 oz. NorLam Tour (includes Foam Luff and Sunshield)
- 2017 North High Vis Polyester Storm Jib
- Main sail cover
- CQR anchor in bow roller with 60’chain/300 rope rode
- 50lb Luke storm anchor
- Fireboy fire suppression system in engine compartment
- 2 Portable fire extinguishers
- Emergency tiller
- Mom8 (inspected through December, 2023)
- Manual Whale bilge pump in cockpit (new 2018)
- Additional portable manual bilge pump below
- Rig cutters
- Galerider 30 Storm drogue
- Fire blanket
- Carbon Monoxide detector
- Folding stainless ladder with teak treads mounts in either gate
- Dock lines
- Monitor self steering wind vane (currently in storage)
- Cockpit awning
- Yanmar spares kit
- Outboard mount on stern rail
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.