This wonderful pocket cruiser has been impeccably maintained all of her five owners. From the drawing boards of Chuck Paine, the Victoria Frances 26 is almost identical to the Morris Frances 26 but with added interior volume due to a cabin that reaches further forward. The Frances is a proven design capable of cruising the coast or crossing oceans. She is very well balanced and easy to sail in anything from light winds to a heavy breeze with all halyards, sheets and reef lines led back to the cockpit. This Victoria was imported by Morris Yachts and sold in 1987 to her first owners. Upgraded with a new Yanmar engine in 2006, and new cutlass bearings, PYI shaft seal, shaft, and prop in 2013. Her current owner has continued to improve her with recent updates including a new dodger, sailcover, solar panel and running rigging. She is in the water, fully commissioned and ready to go sailing.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Victoria Frances 26 1986
- Builder: Victoria Marine
- Designer: Chuck Paine
- Location: Southwest Harbor, ME
- Ballast Weight: 3,400 lb
- Displacement Measure: 6,800 lb
- Brand: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 1GM10V
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Drive Type: Direct
- Engine Power: 9|horsepower
- Hand laid solid fiberglass Hull.
- Fiberglass deck with molded-in nonskid and integral bulwarks.
- Teak toe cap rail and grab rails.
- Teak companionway trim and drop boards.
- Teak eyebrow trim on cabin top.
- SS accent trim added to teak cap rail.
- Stainless steel stanchions and lifelines.
- Bow and stern pulpits.
- Tiller with external rudder.
- Teak cockpit grate.
- Teak cockpit coaming cap. (2015)
- Cockpit cushions
- Anderson 12 ST Primary winches.
- Harken single speed ST winch on cabintop.
- Lewmar rope clutch on cabin top for reef lines and main halyard. (new 2020)
- Two hatches, one shallow for tools, stops, etc. One as sail locker.
- Mesh bags for sheets.
Interior Finish and Layout
The interior is laid out with a v-berth forward, a head aft of the v-berth to starboard and a large standing head room main saloon with a full length settee to port and a shorter settee to starboard aft of the head. The galley is located to aft to port at the base of the companionway and a comfortable quarterberth is opposite to port.
Varnished high gloss teak interior with a mix of white Formica and varnished teak bulkheads. (interior re-varnished 2015)
Excellent ventilation and natural light from a large overhead hatch over the v-berth (rebedded 2015) and seven Lewmar opening portlights.
- V-berth with insert.
- Hanging storage bags.
- Varnished teak overhead and hull sheathing.
- Access to forepeak.
- Abundant natural light and ventilation from overhead deck hatch and forward facing opening port light.
- Tecma Nano Eco Marine Toilet (new 2019)
- Wet locker outboard.
- Towel rod.
- Opening port.
- Waste system: Fresh water flush, output to flexible holding tank (new 2019)
- Full length bunk to port with lockers outboard with shelves.
- Short settee to starboard and hanging locker outboard.
- Fold down Nav Desk over port settee with shelves outboard and chart storage within.
- Quarterberth with storage shelves.
- Force 10 diesel cabin heater.
- Settee and quarterberth cushions recovered 2015.
- Interior walls sanded and re-varnished 2015.
- Plastimo Pacific gimbaled 2-burner stove and oven.
- Propane monitor and solenoid remote valve. (2013)
- Round SS sink with cutting board cover.
- Custom galley stove counter top cover. (2015)
- Foot pump for fresh water.
- Ice box with overboard drain aft of sink.
- Storage area outboard with sliding locker doors.
- Built-in cup and plate storage.
- Removable teak wine rack.
- Removable teak companionway steps with access to engine behind.
- Externally vented propane tank (new 2020) in lazarette.
- Yanmar 1GM10V 9 hp diesel engine (2006).
- Engine panel with RPM and engine alarms.
- Manual engine shutdown.
- PYI shaft seal, shaft, and prop. (2013)
- New cutlass bearing, engine mounts and shaft alignment (2015)
- Aluminum fuel tank.
- Racor external fuel filter.
- Plastimo water tank and water lines. (2015)
- Whale Gusher foot pump. (2015)
- Rebuilt Espar diesel heater with new pressure system.
- Automatic electric bilge pump. (2015)
- Propane locker in cockpit with regulator, pressure gauge and remote solenoid.
- 12v breaker panel with battery switch.
- Blue Seas 110v electrical panel. (2015)
- Shore power circuit with 30 Amp shore cord and (4) cabin 110v outlets. (2015)
- Guest 1-2-Both power switch.
- (2) Group 24 Batteries.
- Pro-Mariner battery charger/conditioner tied to shore power. (2015)
- Renogy 100 watt solar panel with charge controller (2021)
- Cabin lights. (New LED’s 2013)
- Nav lights
- LED Masthead/tricolor/anchor light. (2013)
- Compass light
- Foredeck light
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Garmin GPSmap 840xs Chartplotter on swing out arm into companionway. (2013)
- Icom IC m55 VHF
- Datamarine Corinthian Depth Sounder.
- Datamarine Corinthian Speed log.
- Bulkhead compass. (2013)
- Acadia Sails full battened mainsail (2003) with navy blue Sunbrella sail cover.
- 140% Genoa with integral white Sunbrella sail cover.
- Quantum-Thurston 110% jib with integral navy blue Sunbrella sail cover (2015)
- New mainsail cover (2020)
Spars and Rigging
- Aluminum mast and boom.
- Mainsail boom vang.
- Harken roller furling system for jib.
- Harken traveler system for main sheet (2015).
- SS wire shrouds with varnished teak shroud rollers.
- Shaeffer Genoa tracks with Shaeffer blocks (2015).
- Lazy jacks.
- Slab reefing. New reef lines (2016).
- Main halyard and reef lines run to cockpit.
- 4:1 Shaeffer mainsheet system (2015).
- Chainplates rebedded 2015.
- New running rigging (except jib halyard) 2021
- Chain and rope rode.
- Rocna Anchor
- CQR Anchor
- Danforth Anchor
- Fire extinguisher
- Lifesling with Sunbrella cover (cover new 2020)
- Manual bilge pump
- Tool bag
- Fitted sheets Custom tiller cover
- Custom Sunbrella boat cover with internal support system. (2015)
- Sun cover for forward hatch and portlight
- Boat hook
- High intensity, hand-held floodlight with socket in cockpit.
- Boarding ladder
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.