STEPHIE LYNN is a 2003 Young Brothers Hardtop Cruiser which looks essentially new. She has only 318 hours on her 450 hp Scania diesel, barely broken in. She makes and ideal cruiser or fishing vessel with an oversized cockpit, and a simple layout for two-four people. She has a bow thruster for ease of docking, a 5kw generator, buss heater and windlass. This vessel is handsome, capable and ready to launch. Her cruising speeds are impressive. Please come and inspect this immaculate “Downeast” vessel. Mike Light who finished her built over 79 boats between building for Young Brothers and then on his own. He is now retired.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Young Brothers Hardtop Cruiser 2003
- Location: Blue Hill, ME
- Displacement Measure: 20,000 lb
- Brand: Scania
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Engine Power: 450|horsepower
HULL & DECK:
- White hull, red boottop, green bottom.
- Solid fiberglass Young Brothers hull; full length spray rails.
- 3′ Fiberglass swim platform.
- Transom door on starboard side.
- Side Power Bow Thruster.
- Beige non-skid fiberglass decks and cockpit.
- Cockpit is very large – 12′ long x 10’4″ wide.
- S/S bow rail; anchor roller to house plow-type anchor.
- Two rod holders.
- 4 opening portlights down below.
- Built down hull with full skeg and protected prop.
- Simpson Lawrence windlass – both foot switches on deck and switch at helm.
- Fiberglass and balsa-cored house and superstructure.
- No exterior teak to maintain.
- Diamond Sea Glaze windows in pilothouse; two forward and two aft windows slide open.
- Four aluminum hatches in cockpit sole open.
- Extra Sounddown insulation added on sole and on overhead in pilothouse, and in engine room.
- Two Todd Enterprise rotating helm and companion seats.
- Extended hardtop over centerline entry door to cabin.
Fuel: 148 gallons in two fiberglass tanks.
Water: 30 gallons in fiberglass tank.
Holding: yes, in poly tank with 12V macerator pump.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Single 450 hp Scania diesel, 6 cylinder, FWC, with approximately318 hours.
- ZF 304A transmission 1.97:1.
- Dual Racor 900 Max fuel filters.
- Double Hydroslave hydraulic steering rams.
- Traditional stuffing box.
- 2″ S/S shaft; H&H 4 bladed prop.
- S/S wheel steering (hydraulic).
- Kobelt controls.
- Spur cutters on shaft.
- Buss heater runs off engine.
- Fuel and oil filters changed Fall 2021.
- 2021 new impeller in engine.
- One 1000 gpm bilge pump, auto or manual.
- Tank Tender gauge for fuel and water.
- Cruising speed: 16-17 knots.
- Maximum speed: 25 knots.
- 12V DC & 110V AC system with circuit breaker panels.
- 2020 two 8D lead acid batteries.
- Phaser Marine 5kw generator, only 20 hours.
- Battery charger.
- 6 gallon Raritan hot water heater.
- 12V oil change pump for engine and generator.
- High water alarm.
- For two-four in a very simple, but pleasing interior.
- Vee berths forward (never slept on).
- Next aft is a hanging lockers followed by a Raritan head, sink, mirror and shower.
- Opposite to port is a simple galley with S/S sink, hot and cold pressure water, two burner electric stove, LG microwave, and Norcold 12V refrigerator.
- Up several steps to main salon is the helm to starboard, followed aft by a settee/bench with green cushion.
- To port is the dinette which converts to a berth.
- The sole is fiberglass with rubber Sounddown with carpet over, for quiet running.
- Furuno 1932 MKII radar.
- Garmin 2010C GPS-Plotter.
- Furuno FCV600L depthsounder and water temp.
- Standard Horizon VHF radio.
- AM/FM/CD stereo with 2 speakers aft.
- Radar reflector.
- Two horns.
- Outboard bracket.
- Fire extinguisher.
- Life ring.
- Spare impellers.
- Windshield wipers with washers.
- Ensign and staff.
- 2 deck lights in cockpit.
COMMENTS: STEPHIE LYNN is a 2003 Young Brothers Hardtop Cruiser which looks essentially new. She has only 318 hours on her 450 hp Scania diesel, barely broken in. She makes and ideal cruiser or fishing vessel with an oversized cockpit, and a simple layout for two-four people. She has a bow thruster for ease of docking, a 5kw generator, buss heater and windlass. This vessel is handsome, capable and ready to launch. Her cruising speeds are impressive. Please come and inspect this immaculate “Downeast” vessel. Mike Light who finished her built over 79 boats between building for Young Brothers and then on his own. He is now retired.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.