HOT WATER is a stunning example of Hinckley’s latest rendition of the celebrated Picnic Boat lineup. The culmination of over 30 years of refinement, this Hinckley Picnic Boat 40 features upgraded engines, Seakeeper stabilization, extended swim platform, side boarding door, and teak decks. Combining both performance and timeless elegance, HOT WATER is a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
- Boat Name: Hinckley Picnic Boat 40 2022
- Builder: Hinckley Yachts
- Designer: Michael Peters/Hinckley Design Group
- Location: Naples, FL
- Displacement Measure: 26,000 lb
- Brand: Cummins
- Engine Model: QSB
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Hours: 137
- Drive Type: Jet
- Engine Power: 550|horsepower
- Brand: Cummins
- Engine Model: QSB
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- Hours: 137
- Drive Type: Jet
- Engine Power: 550|horsepower
The all-new Picnic Boat 40 was designed without compromise. The PB40 was first introduced in 2018 and represents the continuing evolution of this timeless design. Incorporating all of the success of previous models this new boat has evolved to include state of the art post cured epoxy hulls with leading edge technology and first every feature like the power folding side door. Her layout is built to entertain yet perfect for those more intimate outings with close friends. The all-new PB40 is incredibly elegant at the dock but extremely fast and nimble underway.
HOT WATER has been lightly used and rack stored inside Hamilton Harbor cat 5 protected building since new.
- The Picnic Boat 40 has a generous 12’-10” beam with an open and inviting interior layout. Hot Waters lightly finished upholstery gives an open and airy feeling to this space.
- Well-appointed Galley runs to port and there is large Head to starboard, which includes a separate shower stall with molded in seating.
- The forward, oversized V berth settee provides seating for six adults and converts into a sleeps berth with a dedicated filler cushion storage under the steps.
- Efficient storage is plentiful for extended stays
- The cabin is finished in satin cherry with high gloss Teak and Tulipwood sole.
- The pilothouse is elegant with optional high gloss teak accents and natural teak decking though out.
- A pilothouse L settee to port has a large folding table for entertaining larger groups.
- The large double Stidd helm chair with footrest is a desirable option for couples
- A retractable electric SureShade provides sun protection to the aft cockpit.
- Stainless Steel handrails and teak cockpit coaming and caps accentuate her attention to detail.
- Her transom has a generous optional extended swim platform underfoot.
- Access to the aft cockpit can be made either through the transom swing door or the optional remotely operated power sliding side door to port.
HULL and DECK
Hinckley TriGuard Epoxy Construction – Aramid fiber/E-glass outerskin with Corecell M Foam for core. Carbon fiber for inner skin infused and post-cured with epoxy resin using Seaman Composite Resin Infusion Molding Process (SCRIMP).
Hull and Deck Features:
- Flag Blue hull paint with double cream boot stripe
- The bottom is finished with Micron CSC – Red
- Optional teak decking with cream seams throughout including, swim platform
- Swim Platform – Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has the optional teak decking with stainless steel brackets and half round, and a stainless-steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder.
- She has a large forward anchor locker with additional fender storage, remote windlass and collapsible boat hook.
- Two stainless steel half-round Hinckley bow chocks on fiberglass molded rub rail.
- Four 12” Stainless steel (2) bow cleats and (2) stern
- Mid-deck cleats are stainless steel pop up models.
- Tapered teak high gloss toe rail with rounded Hinckley profile
- There are five thoughtfully placed stainless steel handrails located (2) cabin top (2) pilot house top (1) trailing edge of pilothouse
- Fenders are easily located in the forward anchor locker, aft deck hatch or self-deploying mid-ship via the easily accessible deck compartments located mid ship. Aft fender are easily fastened by Wichard clips and stainless steel D rings
- An optional stainless steel Bo Peep boarding handle has two receiver sockets located along the aft decks port and starboard it is stored along the inside port gunnel.
The Picnic boat 40 has a deep aft cockpit with spacious seating fore and aft offering a perfect conversational area.
- Cockpit is finished with teak coaming/ caps and decking with optional cream seams.
- You will find an optional retractable Sureshade overhead providing coverage to the aft cockpit.
- Conveniently located on the shelf behind the rear facing bench is an ice chest with an adjacent champagne bucket with lid.
- The flip up compartment located along the top of the transom is perfect space for storing flip-flops or shoes.
- Additional storage is located between the forward facing settee in the pilothouse and aft facing bench in the aft cockpit. A trash receptacle is located inside of the louvered teak endcap door.
- Access to the aft cockpit is made through either the transom swing door or through the optional portside Power sliding door which folds and slides into a concealed garage. A key FOB is also included.
- The engine box is hinged at the rear facing aft settee an electric lift to provide for easy access to the engines compartment.
- There is a large centerline deck hatch with fender and line storage as well as providing access to the generator.
- There is a fresh water wash down shower with hot and cold mixer located just inside the transom door.
- Two Stainless steel combination rod holder / cup holders are located on the aft side decks.
- A three piece Ivory Stamiod /Eisenglass encloses the pilothouse when needed.
- Included is an aft cockpit cover which attaches to pilothouse top and fastens allow the upper edge of transom and coaming. It is well ventilated and has zipper access at the transom door.
- Retractable electric Sureshade provides sun protection to aft cockpit
Optional Bo-peep handrail with side deck mounts and storage
- The Pilothouse is adorned with full teak appointments finished in high gloss varnish, including teak forward dash, instrumentation and sideliners.
- Underfoot is teak decking with optional cream seams and white courtesy lighting along footwell
- Overhead are two large self-dogging power stainless steel hatches providing excellent ventilation include ocean air covers and screens.
- Two optional Marine 12000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioning units are dedicated to the Pilothouse and have independent thermostatic controls located outboard each helm seat port and starboard.
- Forward are two large fixed frameless tempered windscreens with intermittent washer and wiper controls located at helm providing excellent visibility.
- Five dimmable LED lighting in located overhead in the insulated white headliner with a teak grab handle running centerline.
- Optional full power (fore/aft, up/down) double Stidd helm chair is finished tastefully in Ultraleather-Promessa Outdoor Ermine.
- Optional full power (fore/aft, up/down) single matching power Stidd seat is located to port for the co-pilot
- Port and Starboard large power sliding window provide additional ventilation and light also have snap in Ivory Stamiod covers for interior privacy or sun protection when not underway.
- There are two Hella fans located inside the forward windscreen
- The generous L-settee to port has rich Parchment Luxor/ Leather cushions. The teak table is thoughtfully designed with an integrated stainless steel grab handle and folds outward to double its size when needed. The pedestal is polished stainless steel.
- The amenity cabinet to starboard with stainless sink beverage center refrigeration below and has a teak counter top with louvered doors for storage for bottle and glassware.
- Additional storage in located in the pilothouse deck hatch below.
HOT WATER is equipped with Hinckley’s Jetstick 3 control system located just forward of the starboard armrest. The Jetstick 3 electronic steering dynamically adjusts tension and sensitivity to optimize helm feel at all speeds. Military specifications sensors paired with GPS provide superior vessel handling in tight quarters while improving G-lock and Heading Hold features.
- The helm pod is located front and center with a beautifully rounded and finished in high gloss teak it contains twin plotters, engine multifunction gauges as well as the analog fuel/ temperature / electrical outputs.
- Danforth Constellation high-speed Compass.
- The dash contains additional switching for power hatches, windows and lighting controls
- A USB charging station and two cup holders are purposefully placed within reach of helm
- Display for the gyroscopic Seakeeper ACR remote spot light and Intermittent/self-parking wiper controls are also close at hand
- A twin-engine binnacle is located along the starboard shelf.
- Autopilot is located just aft of the Jetstick 3 control system
- The 14” Alpa leader stainless steel wheel is finished with gloss varnished teak rim.
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Optional Dual Garmin GPSMAP 8617 touchscreen chart plotters in lieu of single Garmin GPSMAP8622
- Optional Dual-frequency 1KW traditional sonar/high definition depth sounder for Garmin Chartplotter(s)
- Garmin 4kw 24” GMR X HD Raydome
- Garmin autopilot
- Standard Horizon Explorer ram GX1600B VHF with Ram Mic
- Sirius XM weather
- Fusion MS-UD 755 AM/FM stereo with USB connection and Bluetooth connectivity. Remote mounted at helm with Garmin integrations.
- (2) Fusion 6 inch speakers for interior
- (2) Fusion 7 inch speakers in the pilothouse
- (2) Fusion 7 inch speakers in the cockpit
- Sirius XM satellite weather for Garmin
- Sirius XM satellite radio for Fusion Stereo
- 28” Samsung Smart TV mounted on bulkhead aft of bunk to starboard. Picture source is standard stereo with DVD player.
Access to the cabin is through the locking high gloss teak louvered pilothouse door. The interior in finished in satin varnished cherry. The light cream sound absorbent headliner overhead has dimmable low voltage lighting overhead. The entry steps with courtesy light are raw teak and lead to a high gloss teak and tulipwood cabin sole
The galley located to Port has a cabinet housing the C-Zone switching battery breakers as well as the remote for the generator. 12V lighting is provided underneath locker and illuminating the counter
- The Dune Prima Corian countertop has a under mounted stainless steel sink with hot/cold Grohe facet
- Kenon two burner electric cooktop and
- Top load 12V refrigerator with thermostatically controlled cold plate.
- A contemporary wooden handrail is provided below the counter forward of the sink
- 110 volt GFI outlet mounted at aft bulkhead
- There are five LED bulkhead lights controlled individually at fixture
- Matching Corian covers are include for the sink and stove when not in use.
- A microwave oven and slide out trash are located in the cabinet below.
- Additionally there are five dovetailed cherry maple drawer with cherry satin cherry front.
- There is locker sheer located above the galley counter top as well as a deep shelf behind.
- Forward in the v berth is a large welcoming convertible settee with Perennials Bedouin Stripe Chambray with canvas weave slate piping. Which easily converts to a queen berth via the stainless steel electric pedestal.
- The outside walls of V-berth are finished tastefully with satin-varnished cherry battens with sheer lockers located above.
- A cedar lined hanging locker is located starboard forward of the Head.
- There are two Hella electric fans located on the forward bulkhead.
- A dedicated Marine reverse cycle 12000 BTU air conditioning unit can be run off the inverter, shore power or generator.
- There are three venting overhead stainless steel hatches with Ocean air sky screens and three oval powder coated portals providing additional light from the cabin house.
HEAD AND SHOWER FEATURES
- The head is located starboard and accessed through a lockable satin inset paneled door cherry door with eyebrow top. Hooks are provided on the back of the door for towels.
- The ceiling is finish in moisture compatible gelcoat white beadboard with dimmable low voltage lighting
- A large high gloss cherry countertop is forward running port to starboard with cherry trimmed mirror above. The counter contains a under mounted polished stainless steel sink hot/cold water and a top load trash receptacle with cherry lid.
- A Hella fan and 110V outlet are provided
- Under the counter is louvered storage compartment and dedicated swing out door for toilet paper
- An stainless steel hatch with Ocean Air Sky screen is located overhead, additionally there is screened port light mounted outboard on the cabin house both providing light an ventilation.
- A Sealand Vacu-flush marine head is plumbed to a holding tank with optional Y valve for overboard discharge.
- The shower is located aft and separated by a Plexiglass partition and swing door within the head.
- Drainage is through the recessed teak grate.
- A moisture resistant sheer locker is located above the shower seat.
- The shower seat itself has additional dry storage below.
- A stainless steel towel rack is mounted on the aft bulkhead of the shower stall.
- Distribution Panel: C-Zone digital switching giving full function of all DC systems on touchscreen located adjacent to galley. Full control via iPad/iPhone. Additionally, full control at Garmin display at helm or from owner’s iPhone/iPad
- 12-Volt DC electrical system:
- (2) Lifeline GPL-31 starting battery for each main engine and includes generator.
- (2) 12-volt AGM-4D 210-amp/hr service batteries for a total of 420-amps for house accessories.
- Two 185-amp alternators charge each start and house batteries via Mastervolt
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switches also allow emergency starting.
- 110/240-Volt 30-amp AC electrical system:
- 50-A 125/250-volt AC shore power inlet, relay and two 30-amp shore power cords.
- Victron Energy Multi-plus 3000-watt/50-amp 12-volt power inverter/battery charger for house batteries.
- 30-amp charger for start batteries
- 110-volt outlets.
- Onan 7.5 KW generator with sound shield.
- 35-amp alternator on generator
- Generator control panel in galley includes Start/stop controls and lighted warning panel.
- Low-resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system throughout boat.
- Engine room insulated with Mylar faced acoustic foam.
- Extensive gasketing for bridgedeck and opening hatches to engine room and bilges
- Custom fiberglass, baffled, insulated and drained.
- Custom water-cooled exhaust silencers
- Sound absorbent material overhead in Pilothouse
- Sound absorbent material overhead in Cabin.
ENGINE/MECHANICAL and PLUMBING
Optional Twin Hamilton 322 high efficiency jet drives powered by the upgraded twin Cummins QSB 550 HP diesels with Common Rail technology. Upgraded (2) ZF 220 transmissions, reverse gear which enables jet back flushing. (35kn Cruise / 38kn WOT)
- Cummins digital engine information interfaced to Garmin multifunction display(s). Separate analog tachometer, oil pressure, fuel tank level, and engine coolant temperature for each engine. Buzzer for low oil pressure and high engine coolant temperature.
- (2)187 U.S. gallon polyethylene fuel tanks with flush mount vents and fuel air separators.
- (2) Racor fuel filter. Water separators with vacuum gauges and water sensing alarms.
- Optional SeaKeeper 6 Gyro stabilizer
- Equipped with the optional Oil change kit for main engines and generator
- (1) 12,000 BTU air conditioning with reverse cycle heat in cabin, powered by shorepower generator or inverter.
- (2) 12000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioning units for pilothouse.
- Fresh water wash down in anchor well.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- 80-gallon polyethylene water tank with flush mount vent on hull side and remote gauge.
- 10-gallon stainless steel hot water tank. Heated either via shore power or engine.
- 12-volt DC VacuFlush marine head with a 35-gallon polyethylene integrated holding tank with flush mount vent on hull side and pump out fitting on deck.
- 12-volt DC automatic shower sump pump.
- Three 1500 GPH, 12-volt pumps with safety float switches and high water alarm.
- Manual pump mounted in cockpit locker.
- Marelon ball valve seacocks with thru hulls below water line.
- Polished stainless steel 22# anchor with 25’ of stainless steel chain and 150’ rode. The windless can be operated from the helm station or a handheld remote
- Automatic fire extinguisher system for engine compartment with automatic shut-down.
- Emergency bilge pump
- Three 2-1/2 lb. dry chemical fire extinguisher
- USCG approved flare kit
- 12-volt Kahlenberg air horn with switch on dash.
- Six adult, two child type I PFDs and one Type IV throwable PFD.
- Four 25 foot and two 50 foot 5/8” docking lines
- USCG approved running and masthead lights
- (4) 8” x 20” inflatable fenders with Polartec covers and Wichard snap hooks for each fender line,
- Mounted under side deck boat hook
- 170 piece Crescent tool kit.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.